1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

killzone help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by juvenile, Dec 3, 2004.

1. juvenile

juvenile Member

i cant seem 2 make a working copy of killzone. i'm using alcohol and tdk dvd+r. i'v made alot of working copies of other games before. is it the dvd+r or does it have something to do with that dnas thingy. i'm not planning 2 play online i just want a working copy. plz help

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

First off, I use swap magic on a v5/6 PS2. My killzone backup is on TDK DVD-R, it is DNAS patcher and it works fine. Maybe try patching the DNAS as it is known for it not being patched to cause problems. Usually minor ones but in your case that might be the problem.

It cannot be your burning method as you are sure to have used the same method as your other backups and they work fine. So try patching the DNAS, it may help and online play will be available if you ever feel like it :)

http://www.ps2nfo.com/on-line.html try the Disc ID insertor method. It is the better of the two.

3. juvenile

juvenile Member

thanx. so umm can u give me a detailed instructions on patching it. i'm not using the swap trick.. fink i got the messiah 2 clone chip

4. teggy

teggy Regular member

Ooh, now you ask. That guide should be good so it should. But I don't have a chip, give that guide a try and if that doesn't work then come back to this forum for further help. All the tools you need are in that guide, with links to download them.

Hope it works out for you. It really is simple once you do it the first time, that guide is a great one.

5. juvenile

juvenile Member

any1 know any other site to download the disc id utility. ps2nfo wont let me register cos i only have a hotmail account

6. teggy

teggy Regular member

You had to register? Anyways, search this site you should find a link somewhere in here. Or you could try www.ps2ownz.com, although you have to wait 5 days to do anything on that site.