1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

killzone problem with Devhook .4x (2.71 TA-082)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by n00bling, Jan 16, 2007.

1. n00bling

n00bling Member

Hi guys, I'm new to posting so I'll try and be as descriptive as possible so hopefully someone can help me out or point me in the right direction..

Reading through all the posts on this forum Ive managed to get devhook .4x working with HenC to emulate fw 1.5 for homebrew (snes emulation) and 2.71 for my umd iso's.

I haven't had any problems loading iso games up until killzone liberation. At first I thought it was the iso I downloaded so I ripped my own and it still didnt work. Then I read through these forums for a few hours and the closest thing to an answer I came up with was that I needed to disable Hen for it to be able to load.

So my questions (aside from the obvious - how do i get my killzone iso to load) are:
    a) How can I disable Hen in devhook .4x
    b) do I need to update my devhook?
    c) Im not planning on emulating psx games, and I only really use devhook for playing a few snes games and iso's, but should I still upgrade to 3.02 and if so why/why not?
    d) am i going to run into similar problems with other games?

Apologies for the lengthy post, but I figure the more info I give the easier it makes life for the wonderful ppl [suck up =)] who donate their time to help.

2. iwillgetu

iwillgetu Regular member

i think kilzone requires a higher firmware to run.
    i would advise you to update to dark alex's custom firmware 3.03 oe.

then you will be able to play up to date games such as kilzone!

u will have the option of playing psx games (if u want)

u will have all the features of sonys 3.03 release.

u can play games iso/cso off the xmb (no need to reboot ur psp to change game)

no need for devhook anymore.

or u can update devhook if you want to 0.51

3. n00bling

n00bling Member

thanks for the speedy reply iwillgetu!

I will read further into updating to 3.03 now. The reason I was so fond of devhook was that it was all emulated off of the memory stick and therefore there was no risk of bricking the psp when flashing..

But Im sure if I follow the guides Ill be fine, and if I wuss out I spose theres always .51 devhook =)

thanks again