1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

killzone problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nickinaki, Mar 15, 2005.

1. nickinaki

nickinaki Member

Hi all i am using swap magic 3 with a slide card and i copied kill zone onto a maxell dvd-r with games x, as soon as i put in the copied disk and press x the screen goes red and the disk sounds weird, is it my media. Also i have used dvd decrypter( all i done was read then write) and the same thing happend. With the screen going red straight away is that the ps2 saying it doesn't like the disk.
    cheers all

2. dan1677

dan1677 Guest

Strange,

I have a copy of killzone and it works everytime using the swapmagic method. I was using the older swapmagic DVD though (version 2.0) so I haven't tried using the newer 3.3 but it shouldn't make a difference in which case I would say it's the discs you are using. Try using Ritek A05 grade or maybe try Verbatim DVD-r's.

Good luck, I know how frustrating it is when these things don't work.

Dan

3. nickinaki

nickinaki Member

Cheers Dan, i've been pulling my hair out! would any ritek/verbatim disk be ok there are so many makes on ebay.
    cheers
    nickinaki

4. dan1677

dan1677 Guest

Tell you what I've got a stack of Verbatim DVD-R's sitting at home gathering dust so I can send you a couple to test if you like, after all there is nothing worse than buying a stack of DVD's to find they don't work. Just PM me your address.

I get my stuff from ebay, a guy called 'buyblanks'. Just search items for sale under his user ID and I usually go for Verbatim DVD-R 8x certified 4.7GB.

Dan

5. nickinaki

nickinaki Member

Thanks for all your help Dan.

6. dan1677

dan1677 Guest

no probs at all, just hope you can get it all working.

7. gruzum

gruzum Member

My pal backup works great with SM 3.3 No fix, no rebuild...

8. MMS4MSU

MMS4MSU Member

My Killzone pal is not loading with swap 3.3 (normal, nt, nor pal mode); can anyone list the patch?

9. dan1677

dan1677 Guest

Hi mate, I didn't realise there was a patch needed to play Killzone. How are you burning it and on what media?

10. nickinaki

nickinaki Member

Hi Dan,
    Killzone copied just fine second time (just a bad first copy i think) i copied it using games x although decrypter does it just fine, i used maxwell dvd-r disks. The best disks i have found though are the yellow datawrites they are good for everything.
    Cheers
    Nick
    ps does anybody know if you can burn call of duty ok

11. steimy

steimy Active member

I have call of duty and i used DVD Decrypter and it works just fine. Burned on a TDK 4X DVD-R
    i pretty much only use Phillips DVD-R 8X but the TDK's seem to work ok too.

12. dan1677

dan1677 Guest

For some reason (and this maight be just my fussy ps2) but I've always had problems with 8x speed blank DVD's. I always burn at a speed of 4x or lower and it only ever works when using 4x certified discs. I get some 8x to work but most just won't. I guess there is no real point in shelling out extra for the 8x speed DVD's anyway as you should always burn at a fairly low speed. Sorry to go on but thought I would pass on my findings.

13. nickinaki

nickinaki Member

I think it's strange that certain ps2's won't play certain media while others will. I think the best advice is use the media that works for you in the past, as i have said before i now use yellow datawrites( about £8 or $15 for 25 disks delivered).
    Which is quite good compared to shop bought.

14. dan1677

dan1677 Guest

Apparently it's to do with the type of laser that the PS2 has (I'm guessing there are a few different types) but also how your DVD re-writer burns code onto the media. For example my ps2 won't read 8x media burnt using my writer but will happily read the same disc burnt on my friends PC. Very odd.