1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Killzone - Shuts down PSP - 3.52 M33-4

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Nrtheasta, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Nrtheasta

Nrtheasta Member

All,

I have been trying to run the Killzone ISO, and it starts up OK, but then when it actualy goes to load the level, it shuts the PSP down. I am able to play Ratchet and Star Wars Renegade Squadron.

My PSP is running 3.52 M33-4. I had recently upgraded from 3.40 OE-A to 3.52 M33-4.

I tried searching but couldn't find anyhing solid to go on. Hopefully it's a seting in the configuration, but I haven't locked it down yet.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Go HERE and follow the steps to see if it corrects the ISO/CSO games.

If it doesn't then get another copy by using the guide HERE (Some users have had issues going from an OE version to M33 and had to do these steps to correct the problem).

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  3. Nrtheasta

Nrtheasta Member

Larrylje,

Thanks! I'll try the suggestions in the first link.

Killzone was working when I was running 3.40 OE-A, but Star Wars wasn’t. Then I upgraded to 3.52 M33-4 and then Star Wars worked, but Killzone didn’t.

Can you please repost the second link – it doesn’t seem to do anything.

Thanks again!

4. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Go into recovery, make sure Advanced>Advanced - All options disabled.
    Try switching Kernel
    Change to UMD Only and make sure you have a UMD in and try again

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

OK the link is fixed now.

6. Nrtheasta

Nrtheasta Member

All,

I tried the suggestions in the first link and the results were the same. I was going to try the instructions in the second link and I thought..why don't I try and reformat my memory card again?

I copied off my saved games, reformatted the memory stick, copied back my saved games and sure enough, all the games worked!

The only game that doesn't work now is Bubble Bobble Evolution - I get the black screen when trying to get in the game.. I'm sure it's something in the Recovery Mode configuration. I'll figure it out.

My sincere thanks to everyone's help on this - this is really a cool forum and I'm glad I'm a part of it now!

Thanks again!

Nrtheasta

PS - I run a couple of PC Halo servers - if anyone ever wants to play on them, let me know!