1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Killzone & the DVDRick patches

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by batman125, Dec 2, 2004.

1. batman125

batman125 Member

I'm running a v10 w/SMD3. I downloaded the v7+ patch for Killzone, ran it, and burned it. It won't boot, nor did any other burn using DVD Decrypter, Nero 6, or Alcohol 120%.

So, my question is this, Are the patches made only to work w/Echelon rips?

Also, has anyone else had problems w/Killzone and then gotten it to work on a v9+?

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

There is a third patch did you try that one? Also, not all people need the patch for it to run. But V9's I think have trouble with swap magic, i'm just letting you know that. Now I said think, so I could be wrong.
    Best bet would be to post up on ps2ownz, I personally am still awaiting a reply about a PAL patch for mortal kombat deception as of last week!

3. batman125

batman125 Member

The third patch only kills the single player which is all that I'm after anyways...I only have dial-up in my area. :p

Like another poster is saw earlier, I've backed-up quite a few games and have never made a coaster until this one. So, I think I'll just pick up a couple different media brands. So far, all I've used has been a no-name brand from futureshop. Hasn't given me any problems, but I see that there are a few people who are having probs with this one.

Btw, I found out that the patches are for personal backups...not Echelon rips. (I just assumed)

I also ordered the new Swap Magic discs so maybe it'll work with those.

Thanks anyway.

4. teggy

teggy Regular member

Well mine works with swap magic 2.0 dvd. I'm in the UK, I didn't need to patch my Killzone. Also I used media from a GAME store, silver topped but it was n optodiscr04, it's a 2nd grade media. Now I use TDK TTG02, same grade as Ritek G04 but the TDK media doesn't work for my GTA:SA whereas the Optodisc does, not prefectly I mean I get graphics glitches and stuff but hey.

But it works with swap magic no problem for me, no patching needed. However if you have the real game you might as well patch DNAS.