1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question KitKat Problems

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by jb177, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jb177

jb177 Member

Hello everybody basically what i would like to know is does Android have a complaints phone number?

Basically since the kitkat update they have rendered the installation of a memory card pointless and useless.

They have done this making the memory card impossible to write to, yes you can set certain things to work but i bought a memory card to be able to use on the go as and when i needed and now it has no use and doesnt get used because android has decided i cant be trusted to decide what i should store on my phone.

I think its pretty rediculous that android can break peoples phones like this and leave no way og contacting them, well no obvious way of contacting them as i cant find a number.

But they are essentially forcing people to root their phones and void there warranty because there isnt a way to fix this problem otherwise.

Anyone else see an issue here?

Jamie

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

This is a well documented 'issue' with KitKat.

http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

There are file explorers you can use to manage your files and you should be able to access it for storage purposes via USB.

I don't understand why you would blindly update your phone without reviewing the changes that it would bring? Just Google the number.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

android is the operating system not the company who makes it so will be no contact number. see if can get it reverted back to earlier memory card working operating system.

4. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Honestly it might be your memory card let me explain i own a asus tablet running kitkat it's a 139.00 tablet sold at gamestop and has more power then you would think the issue comes with this new operating system google still hasn't updated there o.s to support 64 gig micro sd cards so if you use one it will just corrupt or reformat itself the max i have seen safely in this device as a 16 gb micro sd after that problems occur

5. jwilkers

jwilkers Member

KitKat allows SD card access by apps especially written to access the card. If an app has ownership of a file on the SD card, then all is well. Of course, if you root your device and use something such as Link2SD, then you are good to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.