1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kmaew cfw and making backups

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by XIX19, Aug 21, 2011.

1. XIX19

XIX19 Regular member

i just wanna knw if i have kmaew cfw and a backup manager can i backup a game from the ps3 to the ps3 hard drive or a usb hard drive? Or do i have to backup to a pc and then transfer the game?

2. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

yes you can, just start teh backup manager, multiman is the most popular, and then press the button to copy.

You can copy to internal hdd or external hdd. When you first click copy it ask if you want to copy to internal, if that is what you want click yes. If you want it on external, click no and it will ask if you want to copy to usb0 or usb1, depending on which port the external drive is on, click yes and it will copy to the external.

note you also need bdemu2 to run your backups if you have not installed it.

3. XIX19

XIX19 Regular member

so multiman, bdemu. Got it. What about playing online? Will i get banned for playing backups with kmaew like the xbox?

4. xbox09

xbox09 Member

currently there is no way to play online with cfw. your system must have the latest firmware to go online

5. Dylanbug

Dylanbug Member

use the multiman to do the backup job and no, jailbreak=no psn

6. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

First rule of cfw, there is no online.

I dont see how people cant seem to realise the hazards of going online with a hacked console. Sure at first you can use it, but then a new firmware etc blocks you, or even worse they can block your console.

It's an either or thing between hacked console and online play on official servers.
    I say official cos you can use xlink kai, but then thats with a lot fewer people if there is anyone online at all.

If you want both, get a second console to use officially and unhacked.