1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kodak EasyShare C633 does not accept "new" batteries

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by ironsoul7, Sep 20, 2009.

1. ironsoul7

ironsoul7 Member

Hi everybody, this is a problem that has been bugging me for a while now and I don't really know what the problem is or how to solve it. Well heres the problem, my Kodak EasyShare C633 digital camera, which I've had for several years now, will not accept any "new" batteries. What I mean by this is that the batteries I have in the camera right now are running low on juice, and give me about 20 seconds to do anything. As i'm not readily able to go out and buy some batteries, I try putting in batteries from other appliances (remote controls, xbox360 controller, wiimote, etc.) and the camera will not turn on with those batteries placed inside, even though they work fine with their original gadgets.

I'm not sure as to the exact problem, but my guess is that the camera will only accept BRAND NEW batteries, fresh out the store bought pack. Again, not sure, but any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

if its like my kodak easy share the batteries from your other appliances are not quite the same.the voltage output for one is different.get the right batteries and it should accept them just fine.

3. ironsoul7

ironsoul7 Member

Ah. But what if the battery from my other appliances are the same kind that I have in my kodak? (eg. duracell AA 1.5v in both 360 controller and camera)

4. ppat

ppat Member

I have bought 2 kodak easyshare cameras over last couple of years, 1 for me and one for my aged mother, neither of these are used very much. I haven't got model no with me but think it was the C603
    I have bought several sets of rechargeable batteries for recycing and carrying with me when I am fishing or out for day or for when my mother is on hols or similar.
    Both the cameras have gone down with a fault at almost same time.
    You can put fully recharged batteries in and sometime it works other times batteries are said to be flat, you can take the said batteries out and re-install or reverse and sometime itr works sometimes not.
    Even when they have been working ok when you put camera into the carry case and then get it out the next day ( as I did at last weekends Goodwood Revival event, there is no guarantee they will work, I had 3 spare sets with me and only 1 worked,
    ****** kodak want nearly £50=0 to fix or do an upgrade, for a camera
    that obviously has a design fault as both these cameras have consecutive serial no's and kodak will not listen.They have had little use.
    I suspect that the spring battery terminals have gone soft and losing tension. Will I buy another Kodak camera ? no on your nelly, I guess that this is a recognised fault but they don't want to know, despite the law saying UK waranty is longer than 1 year.
    I have so many friends and neighbors who have same complaint whether I pods or what have you , get to 13 months and they are buggered.and write off's, my neighbor had same problem with expensive TV which went wrong just over the year, PC World didn't want to know.

5. aldan

aldan Active member

mines a z740 and it takes 1.2v batteries.must be different.