1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kreon Drive w/ XBC HELP!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by TigerHax, May 22, 2007.

1. TigerHax

TigerHax Member

So today, I got my SH-D162C DVD-ROM drive, imported from Germany. I installed it and flashed with Kreon firmware 0.81. The jumper is set to Master in my PC, and shows up in Windows just fine. When I put in a game (Gears of War) , it shows up as "XBOX 360". I am trying to backup Gears of War, as it is the only game I own right now. When I use Xbox Backup Creator 2.5 or 2.4, the "Start" button is gray, and never lets me rip the game. In the latest version of Schtrom, I get the following error: "MyGetAltPhysicalFormatInformation Failed!". So now I use Xbox Backup Creator 2.3, and it lets me begin the ripping process, however, there is always an error at 3.51% when I select "Complete Backup." It says that it cannot read/extract the Security Sector, and so I have to stop the process. When I try to extract the SS by itself, I get the same error. I can rip the game using the "Current Partition" option, and it takes 80 minutes to do. However, I can not get the SS at all. Has anybody else had this problem? Does anybody know how to fix it? Right now, I'm lost and have no idea what to do :(

2. TigerHax

TigerHax Member

3. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

sometimes anything on ur pc that is not right can cause xbox back up creator to not work properly
    but usually u just go thru the step by step guide to try andfigure out ur problem
    ok the game showsup in my computer a xbox 360 dvd or along them lines so u know ur sammy drive with kreon is able to read it so thats ok
    now put ur game into ur sammy drive and let it load up let windows recognise well ur sammy drive
    now once thats done open up xbox backup creator

now when u open up xbox back up creator do u click on the drivetools button and unlock drive do this as some people say it doesnt matter but just try it

now click on read and complete back up and hit start
    (note:)
    i did read on a forum someone changed the spti to aspi the bit by where it shows ur drive on xboxback up creator but dont change urs leave it for now

once u hit start and u r saving it save it to ur desktop in a folder but remember to save the game name as game.iso REMEMBER game.iso

and now the process begins
    now the error message u have got i dont know i neva get it but if it eva asksu fill with zeros click on that

but in ur case it might not be getting the ss sector could be ur copy is dirty so try and clean it up but i know it can do it as i have backed upmy gow no probs

culd be ur disc
    u culd try setting ur sammy drive to slave instead of mater and vice versa