1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kryptview A780 lost all channels inc freeview

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Hibbo17, May 20, 2014.

1. Hibbo17

Hibbo17 Member

Got in last night and apparently the storm and mad weather caused our house to lose all power briefly, flipped the main fuse back on and everything is sound, except the kryptview.

Completely lost all channels including freebies, even the time on it just says ..:.. which can't be good.

I tried doing a factory reset but when you get to the network scam page it doesn't find any network id's.

I've reset my router, Virgin modem and home plugs and still nothing, any ideas?

It's on the Wirral if that helps at all.

Cheers.

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

coaxial cable plugged in and scanning from main feed? unsure if you got a power surge to box and whats the bet you have no protection on your system?

3. Hibbo17

Hibbo17 Member

Yeah tried scanning from main feed, and I thought maybe a power surge but hard drive plugged into same 4 way adapter is fine, as is the TV and Media player.

All catch up services on the main virgin box downstairs aren't working either if that's any help, all on demand and iplayer is down also.

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

ah maybe problem in area then ,but if vm box is working recheck provider and netid have not changed.

5. Hibbo17

Hibbo17 Member

Catch up is all working again but the kryptview isn't, it's strange, it just finds no net id's and then scans automatically in about 10 seconds and finds no channels obviously.

Do they have a surge protection fuse inside maybe, I'll open it up tomorrow and have a look.

6. Hibbo17

Hibbo17 Member

Ok I tried taking it downstairs and plugging into the main feed again today and it worked fine, net id's came in, full channel scan and was working fine.

Took it back upstairs, plugged back in, no signal, so it would appear my problem is somewhere within the 30ft of coaxial cables or signal booster I have between the living room and my bedroom.

I've checked all the connections and cleaned them, nothing seems wrong or damaged, and it's all worked fine for 4 over years.

Could Virgin have just lowered the signal perhaps and that effecting me?

7. cactikid

cactikid Active member

if vm did something downstairs would be crap also,thats why people are told to scan from main feed to check,sounds like cable bad and if you swapped cables on the booster any change?dont think you can plug coaxial into wrong port on kv can you?

8. Hibbo17

Hibbo17 Member

Nope coaxial is in the 'rf in' port on the back, so that can't be it.
    The booster is 'on' but who knows if it's working, it could be that, or any of the several co axial connections between downstairs and the kryptview in my room.

All the connections seem fine though, so god knows.

I can't get any traffic or weather updates though, but I'm assuming that's down to the lack of signal, as Internet is working fine.

9. cactikid

cactikid Active member

too many connections will reduce signal.

10. Hibbo17

Hibbo17 Member

Yeah I know, but it he setup's worked without a hitch for over 4 Years, I can't for the life of me think what could have just suddenly caused it to stop working.

11. Hibbo17

Hibbo17 Member

Little update, it was the booster that had broke, still powered on so looked like it was working but it wasn't.
    New booster purchased for a tenner from Argos and all's well again.
    Thanks for the help though Cactikid.

12. cactikid

cactikid Active member

good you got it sorted,process of elimination cheers for feedback.