1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kryptview Arnet Cable Receiver

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by boxyboy, Nov 14, 2007.

1. boxyboy

boxyboy Member

Hi can anybody help just got a Kryptview Arnet Cable Receiver but having trouble loading it, the instructions that came with it on cd are corrupt
    any help I be greatfull, Dublin N*L

2. the_gitz

the_gitz Member

Hey boxyboy - have you got anywhere with this yet? Just ordered my krypview so expect delivery by tuesday - if you don't get sorted will get copy of CD to you some how - BTW, also in dublin N*Hell - have you got it working yet?

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I left you the loader and latest firmware here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/584538 as you said you were looking for it. BTW the EPG,(Electronic Programme Guide), will not work in Dublin as of yet, but it should be sorted in future firmware update. Either way its a nice box so good choice made.

4. the_gitz

the_gitz Member

Hey Sco0user - thanks for the software - just waiting for the box to arrive now - any ideas when the next firware might be out to sort the EPG? These forums rock, really is loads of good info...

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Shouldnt be too long as they are aware of the problem, if I find any more info I will send it to you. Thats me off so the weekend so have a good one.

6. boxyboy

boxyboy Member

Sorry about delay in reply I was on hols. Whats the latest on KRYPTVIEW ARNeT any new software out there, has anybody got them working properly on N*T Dublin yet

7. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

8. SAFDUB

SAFDUB Member

Thanks for the firmware links Celtic, but I have applied them and still no channels.

Anyone have any luck in Dublin?

9. boxyboy

boxyboy Member

Thanks celtic will give this a try

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

There has been a new firmware released today but I will wait on some results before I post it.

11. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

oh i have version 1.1 and its been working find since i got it last month! but today i was watching a movie on sky movies and when i changed channel it just stopped picking up signal and when i went back onto the channel that was just working it just said "no or bad signal".
    plugged in my vm box all channels were working on that still.
    so i deleted all channels on kyrptview and re-searched for them but now im only picking up about 30 channels and their all on channel 3000 :S
    can anyone help please?
    and out of interest would star view be better than kyrptview?
    because i might swap this for a starview because its quite unreliable since i keep having to reinstall all the channels :(

12. ginga1

ginga1 Member

hi there to all,i have exactly same problem with the 3000 and only about 30 channels is there any ideas yet on whats best to do,i am really regretting getting 1 of these boxes,happy xmas to all.

13. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

hi ginga i also have problems with kryptview, 3000 up on all channels,waiting on new file to come out, meantime go to manual search and input tps 1- 29100, 2- 29900 and so on you can search on each tp, channels come through hopefully.

14. ginga1

ginga1 Member

hiya cheers for reply,do the numbers after eg;1-219000 have to be put in manually or do the long number automatically come up for you as i dont know what the long numbers should be and has this worked for you,do you know when abouts this firmware will be out or is it just a waiting game,happy xmas and thanks will give it ago anyways.

15. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

i put the numbers in manually and it works for me, as you enter tps search each 1 and see channels coming on, as for new file its wait and see, keep in touch with fergus, scouser and gang they will guide us through this rocky patch, i think arnet has potential but at the moment not as good as sv box.

16. ginga1

ginga1 Member

thats great will give it a try,as for the firmware will keep an eye out seems as though there is a problem everywhere soon be sorted no doubt,i`ll try it tomorrow and let you know how i get on,all the best and thanks.

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

This is the Arnet loader

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ly1oozgsxy

This is the latest Arnet Firmware

http://www.mediafire.com/?6xdvw9lcxny
    Kryptview 29112007

Please not this is a public beta release. Lots of changes have been made - lots of features therefore may have minor issues. A follow up release will take care of these as they arise.

Changes:
    -------
    - C***** support major changes
    - Some minor internal changes

There are still some known issues with the firmware (that is why it is still classed as BETA).

These will be taken care of in the next revision.

We hope updates will be more regular now.

A big thanks to the tester for all the hours spent testing this out.

Loading software to
    KRYPTViEW ArnEt

You will not get any channels until this part has been completed in FULL

• Using the RS232 cable connect the box to the back of your computer
    • Plug the KRYPTViEW ArnEt into the mains power supply
    • Make sure The KRYPTViEW ArnEt displays 0000 on the front of the box
    • Double click the KRYPTViEW ArnEt loader (it looks like a grey satellite dish)

• The loader will open

• Click the green download button

• Another box will open saying Code Send

• Click Open…

• Click on KRYPTViEW SOFTWARE once, so it is highlighted
    • Then click the Open button
    • This file will now appear File box

• Turn the box off at the mains press start and then power the box back on again

• The software will now start downloading

• The display on the front of the KRYPTViEW ArnEt will have a green line going round and round and will get faster towards the end
    • Wait until it says Download Success ! and the box has rebooted itself before you disconnect the cables

Congratulations you have now programmed your KRYPTViEW ArnEt
    Now plug it into your TV, Choose your Provider e.g. NTL, T/W Chorus etc and scan for channels.

JOB DONE!!!!

18. ginga1

ginga1 Member

cheers fergusb will download it and stick it on give it ago will be back in touch to let you know how i get on,happy xmas and thanks.

19. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Follow the instructions i have posted for putting the firmware on the box ok and it would be great if you could let me know thanks

Many happy returns

20. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

hi fergus, i followed your instructions but not getting last tps coming in [45800] all other channels fine, tried manual input still coming in scrambled or bad signal.