1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kryptview verus skyf5s

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by danniy, Sep 15, 2013.

1. danniy

danniy Member

hi I have a kryptview a780 and had starviews before so I know how this all works on the cable side,some of my friends are asking me about these sky boxes, because cables not in there area ,just wanting to know do they work same as kryptview. do they still freeze and scramble like the krypt. I know you need a dish and broadband they say its just plug in and play. how can they can guaranteed 12 months ,then a extra fee for another 12 month(is that just a update) just wondered any advice would be welcome or any advice on any boxes worth getting on the sky side thank dan

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

nothing is guaranteed in this game, sky channels can scramble depending on your provider and broadband, And i wouldnt buy a box with a 12 month sub as they could get knocked off at anytime leaving you with free to air channels and your provider with 11 month worth of sub left in his wallet, go a month at a time its normally £10 a month, sly aint lie krypt you pay for premium channels........ also no talk of where to get subs from on this forum

3. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i would not call a skybox a sat box for sure they have far too many negative posts,hdmi issues,no signal issues.and clones and different firmwares.sky to our knowledge might be putting an end to card sharing on 28.2 and if it happens a lot of people will be left with freesat boxes on a fixed dish,most people that have a better box may have a motorised dish to get more sats and free channels.
    mad buying skybox with sub as they dont last after 3 months,what shocks me is the amount of people buying skyboxes with all there problems,do research anything before you buy.then do some more research.