1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

krzr mp3 player won't play songs from memory card

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by shellim4, Apr 24, 2007.

1. shellim4

shellim4 Guest

I have the KRZR k1m, which has an mp3 player. I downloaded songs onto the micro sd card and put it in the phone but the songs aren't in the mp3 player. They are in the sounds folder. I don't see any way to move them. Anyone know how to get the songs into the mp3 player?
    Shelli

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

This is just a guess since I have the Razr v3m but it may be the same thing. MP3s will try to load in the sounds/ringer section. To get songs onto the card, they need converted to wma format. There are several FREE converters you can download. Just Google for MP3 to Wma converters. Like I said its just a guess but thats how mine works. I'm new at this and just learning too.

Jerry

3. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

My RAZR V3M nees to have the songs loaded in via Media Player 10 or greater, try that route..

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Yea, it says you can use media player 10 or above to load songs. I just used Motorola Phone tools to load them. I tried mp3s first and they went to the sound/ringer section even though I tried to send them to the card. Then read in the book that mp3s needed converted for the card. I converted a few and tried that and it worked. I guess I got lucky. Still on the learning curve.

Jerry

5. shellim4

shellim4 Guest

I just tried WMP (version 11) and it doesn't seem to recognize my phone. It doesn't do anything. Is there something I have to do to get it to recognize it?

When you use MPT to send songs to the card, which folder do you load them into?

Thanks. This is driving crazy!
    Shelli

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

7. shellim4

shellim4 Guest

Here's one more thing, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but when I use mpt the screen on the phone on my computer screen shows Verizon and Verizon is not my carrier. Could this cause problems? Don't know why it says that.
    Shelli

8. shellim4

shellim4 Guest

Ok, I downloaded the file this said to but I can't figure out how to put the phone in sync mode. I don't see it anywhere.
    Shelli

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Verizon is the company that shuts off all the good parts of MPT so that you need to do seem edits on the phones to get it to work. If your not with Verizon, I don't know why your getting that. Does MPT allow you full MULTIMEDIA access in the screen or is it grayed out??

I have to check when I get home from work, but I think I sent the songs to the MY MUSIC folder on the card.

Jerry

10. shellim4

shellim4 Guest

Jerry, I was able to use the multimedia tools but I did something and now my phone isn't being recognized. It took forever for me to get it recognized now I'm back to square one. MPT is updated to the latest version. I will try saving songs to the My music folder and see what happens.
    I can't believe how hard this is. I'm almost wishing I didn't get the KRZR at this point.
    Shelli

11. shellim4

shellim4 Guest

I tried putting the card in the computer's reader and transferred songs to it that way but when I put it in the phone it is not seeing them. Before I could at least get then into the sounds folder not I can't even do that.
    Shelli

12. shellim4

shellim4 Guest

If I format the card in the computer it will sync with WMP but then doesn't show up on the phone. If I format the card in the phone, it won't sync to WMP.
    Shelli

13. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

When I first put my card in the phone it would not see the card. It was because it wasn't in all the way. Check this on the phone. Yours should be similar. MENU>>SETTINGS & TOOLS>> SYSTEM>> DEVICE INFO>> STORAGE DEVICES. If its reading the card you should see 2 items listed. PHONE and TRANS T-FLASH. You can select either one and it will tell you how much memery you have left on the phone or the card. The T-FLASH is the card. Yours might be slightly different but since its from Motorola is should very close.

Once its in the phone it needs formated. Did you do that??

Jerry

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  14. shellim4

shellim4 Guest

Yes, I formatted it in the phone and then it erases everything I put on it. It does show the card as a storage device so I guess it's in there correctly. If I put the card in the computer reader it won't sync unless I format it again. It's a vicious circle.

15. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Once I got the card in the phone properly, I just left it in there. I do all the file transfers by USB cable hooked to the phone. Thats what worked for me. I do have that problem at times where MPT doesn't see the phone. I then reboot the PC and restart MPT and it works. I don't know why it does that. Maybe a slight qlitch in MTP.

Jerry

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  16. shellim4

shellim4 Guest

Jerry,
    I called my phone company and it may be the card. What kind do you use? Mine is a Kingston. Someone is supposed to call me back after working on this. If I try to drag and drop files just using the usb it tells me to format the card. The guy at the cell phone place said it shouldn't do that. It should only have to be formatted in the phone.
    Do you use MPT? If so, what is the path to where you put the songs?
    Thanks for your help.
    Shelli

17. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

My card is also a Kingston, but have read that they could be made in several different places. The good ones are supposed to be made in Japan, which is where mine was made. If made anywhere else they could present a problem in some Motorola phones. At least thats what I read. I bought mine as a combo deal with a USB flash drive adapter. If it didn't work in the phone I would have used it as a 1 gig flash drive. I also read that 1 gig is the max for the phones. Is yours 1 gig or less??

I forgot this part. I save all my songs on my extra D drive in a folder I just named MP3. I also have a folder for the ones I converted to WMA format. When MPT is opened in file transfer mode, you have a split screen. The PC folders should be on the left and the phone folders should be on the right. I just pick a song from the wma folder on the left and either drag it to the MY SONGS folder on the right or use the PC TO PHONE button between the 2 screens. The transfer should take place with a statis bar and time remaining.

Jerry

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  18. shellim4

shellim4 Guest

Ooohhh! Mine is made in China. It is one gig. I kind of hope that is the problem. It will be easier to fix. Mine also came with the adapter so I think I can use it for other things like my camera or my PDA, so at least it wasn't a total waste of money.