1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KURO_BETA_WS_2 RELEASE DATE: 31/10/2007

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Nov 5, 2007.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

CHANGES FROM BETA TO BETA 2 (FOR MAX V ONLY)

Same as KURO BETA WS except this one performs a auto factory default setting
    once it has finished flashing , therefore does not require a manual one.

Just Flash Box , wait till it reboots and then Drop your saved channel cdf file back in the box .

TYPE: BETA 2

FEATRURES:

1) Full Widescreen Support

2) Signal Booster Option

1) WIDESCREEN

Go To MENU / Config / TV Setting

Options Available:

16:9 True Widescreen

4:3 Centre / Letterbox / Full

2) SIGNAL BOOSTER

If you live in a low signal area and have weak signal problems with poor results when scanning or picture breaks up when watching.

Go to Menu /Config / Settings /Signal Booster

The Default Settings Off

Switch On/

Press Blue button to Save & Exit

You will find this in Eamos FTA Library at the end of this post, in the Eurovox Firmware Folder.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

The joys of updateing the firmware lol

Thanks Scouser

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Alright Celt ;) Its only for the MAX V, you have a red one, (I think), or do you now have a black one :)

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

I dont know what one I have lol

But I know I havent got a black one YET :)

5. iwatchtv

iwatchtv Member

Hi guys-thot I'd been a bit slow on the thicko questions lately, so here goes-if you have already downloaded the original beta widescreen firmware, then I assume no advantages in now updating with beta 2?I take it there may even be a non beta version on the cards? Though the current version has been good.

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No you dont need to download it if you have the first beta, this is just for people downloading the new image for the first time. And I wouldnt be surprised if the full firmware was out soon, although the Betas seem fine to me.

7. DriverT

DriverT Guest

I'm not sure if this is of interest to anybody but noticed scousers comment about celtic71 having the red box and not been able to use the Kuro update.I jtagged a red box and loaded the black tsop and the box seems to work like a black 1.The box has been working for about 6 weeks now with no problems.Not sure if it will eventually kill the box but so far so good.I tried it on a blue box but when it was all loaded the box would not pick up any channels and i had to to re jtag it back to a blue box

8. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

The KURO is for the Max V 2008 model , I have the 2007 model so it wont work

9. jboyle

jboyle Regular member

a friend has same box with latest firmware on.he reckons its the most reliable ev around.would you agree??

10. ivorbigun

ivorbigun Regular member

i think i have the first kuoro beta, does this have signal booster? signal is fine in my area i'm just wondering

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

It does but it is set to on by default, which caused a problem in some areas.

12. ivorbigun

ivorbigun Regular member

what sort of problems mate? cuz i'd like to know just in case anything happens to mine

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If it hasnt happened yet it not going to :) Basically it overpowered the signal in areas that already had a high signal rate and caused picture breakup, as a signal that is too high is as bad as a low signal. Simple solution was to use an attenuator. As said you are fine.

14. ivorbigun

ivorbigun Regular member

well i wouldn't say i'm completly fine cuz i get sometimes on dave+1, uktv doc+1 and sometimes uk gold+1 the picture starts breaking up do you reckon thats the signal booster?

when i check the signal stregnth for these channels it like 96%, is that too high?

it happens sometimes on other channels as well but its rare on others there the main ones

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep thats a Kuro Beta 1 problem alright, you could just opt to buying a 12Db forward path attenuator for a few quid, but my advise would be to take a channel dump file from you box, (so you can put it back on your box), then simply just flash it with Kuro Beta 2.

16. ivorbigun

ivorbigun Regular member

i know you have probably been asked this a billion times but what equipment do i need to flash the box you know like wires etc

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

18. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Very very interesting.Can you Jtagg all red boxes into black ones.Haven't tried it myself yet.

19. flynnd

flynnd Member

i gave this a go also and it does seem to work however i cant seem to access the tv settings menu. just wondering if you had this problem. what version did you use.

20. DriverT

DriverT Guest

No i've not had any problems accessing any of the menu's and i've done it to a few boxes now.It has to be the red 2007 box it wont work on a blue 2006 box and make sure its a genuine box.Basically its Scouser's method for jtagging dead black boxes( http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/571485 ).I use jkeys to wipe and jtag the black 2008 tsop on to the box.Sometimes i have to use skymax to wipe it first.Then i flash the box as normal with the Kuro Beta 2 software and reload the channel list.So far so good the boxes i've done have all been working fine for about 2 months without any problems.I hope this helps