1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kv new channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by cactikid, Aug 15, 2013.

1. cactikid

cactikid Active member

new channels working on kv now folks.

ESPN
    ESPN HD
    BT Sport 1
    BT Sport 2

2. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Have found Espn where it was, what about bt do you have to retune/scan to get these or are they somewhere else?

3. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Hi I have gone into menu, installation, auto-search, green button and bt sport has arrived, Espn already on list from previous, yippee!

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

hope you factory reset first

5. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

No I never, do I need to and why, all working ok at the min?

6. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Have just done factory default settings & pressed ok, done auto search and already exist tp come up 1/8 instead of 1/78 now and page loads up, exit out and goes back to easy installation page! Tried it on chorus teletext etc all vary to 1/2 exit out of all and page is back to easy installation, should of waited for reply from my last thread!!! How do I retune and get it back working? Do I take out what cable in the back of box I have virgin cable, the cable where sticker on back was pulled off (Ethernet plug)

7. cactikid

cactikid Active member

you will never learn,to start afresh you have to factory reset and rescan,only a satbox overwrites your channels.

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  9. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

First of all why did I have to factory default ok (this what you mean factory reset) When all was working ok? The LAN cable removed from the main feed, which one is this the verging cable or Ethernet plug, removed from the back of the box?

I have box downstairs in living room with virgin cable coming in through the wall. Upstairs is my broadband where PC is, where router and modem are as well. Ethernet plugs in both of these rooms as well.

On waiting for reply I have tried twice first removing Virginia cable and tried to rescan, then removed Ethernet plug but still just goes back to installation page

Btw I exited when it told me to.

Which is my main feed? Heeeeeelppp,

Also List of network I'd, already exist is all I get, I am in oxford, but have not seen this come up on here for a long long time.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  10. cactikid

cactikid Active member

the reason the factory reset/default is to clear out all info of old channels and to allow fresh info in.
    you dont need the lan cable for scanning,main feed is for your coaxial cable at the first point you can scan,no splitters or extensions used.

follow the link for scanning and that should get it running again,if in doubt look at video again and again.

11. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Right looked at video 3/4 times now, this morning later on when I get time I will 1) factory default Ok, (no doubt installation page will come up again) 2) Cable feed plugged into box, broadband router plug plugged in to box, scart lead plugged into box & tv 3) Power off box and router wait for minute, turn back on and select Id network and scan?

On video at start of, it states to power off router & box is this Before I scan or after. What is the LAN cable, no mention of this on video? On earlier message you say remove LAN cable, which is what? Again no mention of LAN cable remove on video?

12. cactikid

cactikid Active member

as i said before the box does not need a lan/internet cable inserted to scan,its only to get an ip address.

when scanning in some places main coaxial feed is before the splitter feeding router and kv box so no internet,but only removed to scan in channels and once loaded put back.

13. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

I really am none the wiser with that, 'main coaxial feed, is before splitter router & kv box' are you saying then just to connect kv box with with router/Ethernet plug and scan, then put the cable feed in after?

Regards the IP address that, that is totally different from the Id network? Not sure different people use different terminology for different words which is why I am getting so confused not educated as you people are, so every 6 months or year when ever box goes down, I am starting from scratch again on how to do it.

You said in an earlier thread I had exited without waiting, I only exited when it comes up complete or exit.

You say above in quote box does not need LAN/Internet cable is this the cable feed you refer to?

In video cable feed is A, broadband port is C. So what is A the screw in virgin cable/LAN & C is the Router/Ethernet/Broadband plug so what is coaxial feed?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  14. cactikid

cactikid Active member

coaxial cable is what normally plugs into rear of tv
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=coaxial+cable&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-beta&gws_rd=cr&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=oEgOUq-DA8u07QbSl4HQBA&biw=1024&bih=602&sei=pkgOUsyNK9Pe7AbEk4D4Aw

to scan for channels that cable above needs to be rear of box before the splitter as once that is removed router will stop and where you had your kv will have no feed,when channels are found and net id done and finished ok and exit.connect splitter.

insert lan/internet/cat5 cable and any other cables power on box and give it a min.

lan/internet cable is no use for scanning on.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=cat5&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-beta&gws_rd=cr&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=2koOUsPzF8iM7Abqk4HoCA&biw=1024&bih=602&sei=3UoOUod568DsBpDIgaAN

In video cable feed is A, broadband port is C. So what is A the screw in virgin cable/LAN & C is the Router/Ethernet/Broadband plug so what is coaxial feed?

cable feed is by coaxial cable with an fplug screw on fitting

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  15. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Hi cactikid

Right so what your saying is plug Normal Tv coaxial cable (this is the aerial on my roof in to the kv box?)

Splitter what is this? Honestly have not a clue.

What your saying is connect tv aerial to kv box (aerial normal old TVS) search net I'd, scan for channels, then exit.

Then you say connect splitter whatever this is, then power on? When do I previously power off before you say power on?

Am afraid I am away for a week heading off, in the next hour or so, so will have to continue this on my return, will check for any reply back in the next 45 mins. Thanks for advice though I am more confused than ever, which to you don't take much to confuse me!

16. cactikid

cactikid Active member

your box wont work with an aerial,it has to be alive cable feed from your provider and maybe yours comes out of wall skirting board use that and scan.