1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kworld Tv tuner card

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Mbrock, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Mbrock

Mbrock Member

I have a kworld tv capture card that I use to record various tv programs. The video records fine but the audio comes out really low volume and if I turn up the volume on the pc so I can hear it most of the audio is drowned out by a hissing noise. Any suggestions on how I can improve my audio? I am trying to record programs (superbowl) so I can send them to my brother who is in Iraq.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well there are 2 Setting for Audio Volume on your PC, One is in your PC"s audio properties settings and the Other is in the capture Program it"s self...Another thing could be that your Sound Card Just has a Crappy Audio Capture Quality ,Or has Problems captureing to the sameple rate you are useing, Many sound Cards Have Low audio Quality when captureing at 48000hz so if you are useing this Sample Rate then Try a Lower One, You can also Try to clean up the Audio In an Audio editing Program, Or if the audio Quality is OK at a Low Volume then you can use the audio editor to Boost the Audio Volume..If you are useing the Intergrated sound on your Motherboard or useing a really Crappy Sound Card then I would suggest getting a Real Sound Card if you are going to be captureing on a Regular Basis...Cheers

3. Mbrock

Mbrock Member

Thanks for your help. It probably is the crappy sound card. I have an integrated one and my computer is a damn emachines.

4. Mbrock

Mbrock Member

can you recommend a good cheap basic sound card?

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

I use a Cheap Sound Blaster PCI Card and the Audio Quality is Fairly good..You can get these Sound Cards for about $20 on e-bay...