1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

label making software

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by drmax, Dec 22, 2004.

1. drmax

drmax Member

I want to purchase something inexpensive for creating/inserting images on labels for dvd's. Any suggestions? I have an older copy of Neato, but won't run with windows XP. The free stuff you download is usually for trial only. Any suggestions?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I'm running a 3 year old version of Neato with XP. I have no problems with it. Do you want to create custom labels or just import pictures of the orignal dvd discs. This free printing program will let you import pictures to a round label or dvd front box cover. You just have to download and save the picture.
    http://jump.to/undercoverxp
    You can download the pictures and covers here.
    http://www.cdcovers.cc.
    Good luck.

Jerry

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I should also have mentioned that sticking labels on burned dvd discs is not a good idea. They usually cause playback problems. Try 1 or 2 and see if they work for you. Some players will play them, some won't.

Jerry

4. ghostluv

ghostluv Member

Does n e one knows how to use the Memorex Cd/dvd label kit? it seem like everytimes i try to print the labels, it does not print on the spot where it needs to go. i'm using a hp psc 1510 printer and i try to Calibrate my printer but still this thing is not printing right.

could someone help me? or tell me if memorex cd/dvd label kit is just a peace of junk.

5. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

If you want custom printed discs, I would use ritek matte white ink jet printable discs and a printer (epson r320 is a nice one) that prints directly on the disc. putting paper labels is way to hit or miss. it might look ok, but just a bit off center, and you might as well pitch it in the bin...

6. drmax

drmax Member

Jerry, I went to load my older version of neato and a box came up and said, this version not supported by XP. In the past I've went ahead and loaded and risked a conflict. I just thought this time I'd get something XP compat. I went ahead and got a $10 versions of print workshop 2004 last night. I really only want to put an image on, say from cdcovers.cc, like you had mentioned. Yes, I've burned around 15 dvd's with paper labels and they all work fine. The plastic thingy that came with neato centers the labels pretty well. I may just try to load the older version of Neato and give it a whirl. I can always remove it. Thx Jerry.

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

That UndercoverXP printing program works great if you are just downloading the cover art for the dvd. The round disc label and box cover come out almost perfect size. Great little free program.

Jerry

8. drmax

drmax Member

Jerry746, hello. I downloaded and ran that free program. I used the cool beta LD001 A4 setting as it appeared to be the only setting that came close to my fellows USCD2LBL.NTT labels. It centered correctly, but it printed the label around an inch low. The other setting is for Pressit A4 CD label, which the labels are staggered. (would not work with my labels)
    Any suggestions? Am I not seeing something? Looks to me I'll either need to get different labels, or try the Print Workshop I bought for $10. (and that may not even have the setting option for my labels)
    Thx

9. drmax

drmax Member

Hey Jerry...mentioning the older neato program. I had it loaded once and it seemed to work ok. I had removed it because of a possible problem. I tried to load it again last night and it refuses to load. It states it's a 16 bit program. When I hit the ignore button, nothing happens. I tried a couple different ways of making it take and it will not.