1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

labelling on CD-R's

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by spaldo, Dec 19, 2004.

1. spaldo

spaldo Member

Hi all , ive just experienced problems with labelling my dvd-r's and had to remove them to get them working properly again (after reading this forum.
    Is it just as bad to label cd's? Ive read that as the discs spin at different speeds cd-r labelling isnt as much of a problem. Can anyone speak from personal experience?

thanks

2. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

I label all my DVD Backups. I did have problems in the past with cheap label paper and non glossy unsealed label paper. What can happen is if the label is not stomped evenly or a bubble pops up it can weight the disc unevenly causing it to spin slightly off balance. Havent had a prob in 1 and a half years.

3. CheapBum

CheapBum Member

i didn't know that, a couple of my lables are a little off... well find ouyt what happens... :)

4. spaldo

spaldo Member

thanks pollushon , what type of label maker and labels do you use?

5. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

I use acoustica label maker on either avery or tudor gloss A4 label paper, not sure what grade but its very lightweight and thin like tracing paper. I do the cut and stick manually. (not a big fan of stompers)

6. camstuf

camstuf Guest

I've had such a bad experience with labels, I thought it was a heat distribution problem.
    They mostly would freeze & skip in my Laptop.
    I even had to pull a jambed CD out of my car 6 CD player with needle nose pliers.
    That's the last time ever...
    Now I use Address labels and print the title/atrist/date on CD's and DVD's.
    I never had problems with the gloss and may go back to them (not), if I could find the gloss.

7. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

I have to agree, i've never labeled my CD's, have you ever felt how hot in car CD players get? I've got a pioneer single disc player, I reckon I could cook eggs on the discs when they eject :)