1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lables

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by GKMCNAB, Aug 19, 2004.

1. GKMCNAB

GKMCNAB Member

all me back up dvds dont work with lables i have put on but the ones that are with out do . is there a problam with the glue with the dvds it just seems mad or is it the cheap dvds i got can not work this one out or is it that my old sony is poo and just dont brun prop . i have now got my self some plextor drives as this is what the members told me to get when i said about me dvd back ups not working after a hour playing them . so what is it ??????????????

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you do a search for DVD labels you will get a bunch of hits for it. The general opinion of most members is do not use labels on dvd copies. It seems the labels throw the disc out of balance causing all types of playback problems. If you are using cheap quality blanks the problem shows up more. Best to use a Sharpie marker to label them.

Jerry

3. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

save your ink cartridges and stay away from applying labels to your backups. sure it looks nice, but they play like crap. plus on the long run, the label is going to get uglier, ink might get in the media, its just a big mess with labels.. i said work on your handwritting and pick up a fine point sharpie, theyll look just as nice! :)

4. GKMCNAB

GKMCNAB Member

ty for your help . the ones without lables do work fine n1 again