1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LaCie d2 burner does nothing

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jaeDMC, Mar 6, 2007.

1. jaeDMC

jaeDMC Member

I hope no one minds me asking a question but everyone here seems to know a crap load about the subject so I thought I'd try.

I have Windows XP machine and we just got this LaCie d2 DVD burner with lightscribe. I've been using it for a few months and everything has been great. the other day I popped in my DVD of Lady Vengeance(great movie by the way) and went to make a copy with DVD Shrink. When I went to open the file in DVD Shrink it told me there was a region setting mistake on my DVD drive. This was a mistake as the disc was American and I was set to region 1. So I clicked OK and nothing happened. So I went to eject the movie and it wouldn't eject. The green light was on like it was reading but wasn't spinning or anything. I had to get a paper clip to eject the drive.

So I restarted the computer. It made no difference. I uninstalled the drive and reinstalled it and now it comes up as a CD-ROM drive which is supposed to be working perfectly (that's what the device manager says) But it still doesn't respond to anything nor does it eject. It just sits there all lit up.

I rolled back my computer to a few days before the incident and got nothing. I tried it on my Win2000 machine and it still came up as a CD-ROM. I also just recently changed my WIN2000 machine into a Ubuntu 6.10 machine and it still comes up as a perfectly working CD-ROM that doesn't eject.

So is has it dead? Has anyone else had this problem? If there's another thread, I'll be more than willing to look at that one but I've searched and haven't found one that describes a problem quite like this. Sorry for the questions but help will be greatly appreciated.

2. braakie

braakie Member

I have exactly the same problem.. Same message with DVD Shrink, and the drive (also the LaCie double layer with lightscribe) just died. Just the same as jaeDMC's drive, Windows says it's a CD-rom drive. When I read the capabilities of the drive with a program, al the speeds (read/write /rw) indicate 0x, so that ain't correct.

3. jaeDMC

jaeDMC Member

braakie did you find anything yet about yours because I've had no luck.

4. braakie

braakie Member

no, but I was lucky I had a garanty on it, I'm still waiting till I get it back (it's been a month now). I think it's some kind of bug in their product.