1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LaCie Dual Layer burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hatcat01, Jan 9, 2005.

1. hatcat01

hatcat01 Member

I may have got this completely arse about face, but I'm totally new to DVD burning and have just bought me a LaCie d2 DVD+/-RW dual layer burner with the intent of doing a bit of backing up of my DVD collection (particularly my Star Trek and Babylon 5, having lent them out to one too many people). Having read many posts here and perused some of the guides, I decided that DVDCopy3 was the baby for me, until I found that it didn't list any LaCie products in it's supported drives. This is a bit worrying, obviously, as it seems I should have come here first and decided on a burner after a little more research. Never mind. So the question is, is an unsupported drive really an issue? Can I create an .iso image CD style using DVDCopy3 and tell my Roxio Easy Media Creator (bundled with the burner) to use that instead? Also, how do I add a CSS decrypter to the whole shebang? AnyDVD seems to be popular.

You all seem to be very lovely and helpful people. Hope you can improve my lot in life ;-)

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Dear hatcat01--
    You will probably get more advise from others in this forum--they have helped me quite a bit--But, let me try to help get you started--First of all, Roxio is not well regarded by people in this forum and there are several other choices and some are free--My favorites are DVDShrink and DVDDecryptor--both available on this site and both are totally free--just go to the software tab at the top of the page and find the programs and download them--Then, come back and find ScubaPete's guides to DVD copying and follow them to the letter--Very easy, but I would use DVD-/+RW (Rewriteable) DVD media to start, because they can be used over and over and prevents you making coasters (Bad burns)--Use good quality disks--Ritek, Sony, Verbatim Data life, or any of the others recommended by ScubaPete--NOT Memorex--Good Luck

Whitfield