1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Logic in all things pc.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by monzaman, Mar 10, 2003.

1. monzaman

monzaman Guest

I got my first pc three years ago and since then have been on an endless round of upgrading drivers/OS's/Codecs etc. let alone software. I am really, really getting fed up to the back teeth of the constant need for all this pointless dloading and upgrading.

I pity any newcomers when they get their first BSOD and need to re-install xp (ha ha) it can drive you insane if you don't know the tricks of getting xp installed (quick tip: if using pc133 memory, not DDR, run at 100mhz or xp will not load correcly).

The same can be said of Xvid/DivX if you don't know what you need to run these files there is so much BS on the Net that some sites will have you installing 15 progs and codecs for NO reason whatsoever or UNINSTALLING everything for no reason (including you OS!) There is only five things needed on your pc to run Xvids so why oh why do some so called experts try and confuse matters by telling people to download this and that just so that they can then tell them to check this box uncheck that box blah, blah, blah (vidomi / Nimo et al)!!!

And whats with KAZAA? Its infested with brain dead script kiddies and corrupted files, brilliant eh? (Use at your own risk!)

I am just sick of it (Nvidia Detonator Drivers anyone! or XP service pack and essential dloads) aren't you!

When did you last have to update your TV or VCR or toaster or electric toothbrush eh? Would you buy ANY other piece of equipment if it required as much as 5% of the service time that your pc requires?

Anyway I'm off now, but before I disconnect I might just look for that SiS 7012 Audio update v1.13 as apparantley it has a 0.000058% advantage in sound over the previous version!!!

MONZAMAN

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I just had to upgrade my kettle, bloody thing just tripped out my house, took me 2 hours to find out what caused it.

Anyway it bounced quite nicely.

3. monzaman

monzaman Guest

baabaa

Bet you wished you that kettle had a roll back feature!!!!!

MONZAMAN

4. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

Monz,I feel yur pain man, I built the badd-ace machine you see in my signature less than a year ago, and I'm already looking to upgrade...it blows big time! Just build the best thing ya can and don't upgrade unless totally necessary...oh yea, KaZaA is full of BS, we need something as powerful as an IRC, tough enough to use to keep people like my little sister off of it, yet easy enough for convenience...anyone wanna invest in said idea?

5. monzaman

monzaman Guest

Liq86

So it's not just me then. And yeh upgrades for the sake of it ARE pointless BUT hey I'm a sukker for it. I've just gotta fiddle with the damn thing it's like some weird drug.

MONZ

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

monzaman

Managed to restore the plug from the recycle bin.

7. monzaman

monzaman Guest

BaaBaa

Recycle bin or pedal bin? Oh and theres now a firmware upgarde on all Swan & Morphy Richards models (stainless steel models only though) it involves upgrading the heater element driver from 230.1V to 230.10046V :)

8. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I take it, that the new upgrade will cause ALL the water to boil so ur left with sweet FA and would need to contact customer services for an onsite swapout. Excellent :)

9. monzaman

monzaman Guest

Thats the one. Just been browsing the 'net and seen a new periphial for your model to stop this problem!!! I think its called a whistle or something :]

10. baabaa

baabaa Active member

What was the topic again?

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

HELP HELP !!!

I'm sinking glug glug...

I have just setup RAID 1 MIRRORING on 2 maxtors

i need to lye down...

later people! ZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

12. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Ya I just upgraded my dressor and lost all my socks. I hate when that happens. I will need the sock patch to fill in that upgrade hole.

13. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE FIRE ALARM HAS GONE OFF !!! AARRRHHHHHHHHHHHHH

and with that patch get a needle and cotton !

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz.....

14. thargor

thargor Member

Yeah well guys, I have just done a brilliant upgrade to my 1992 Volvo 1792mhz turbo, 26mpg bus speed, with auto keyboard for a 2000 Vauxhall Omega 2500mhz V6, 34mpg bus speed, with auto keyboard and cruise control for effortless surfing, and it only cost £10,000.