1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ladder 49 (audio problem) this is a weird one!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jackthe, Apr 24, 2005.

1. jackthe

jackthe Member

Trying to back up ladder 49 tonight. I used shrink, with no problems. Went to re-author, selected main movie, went to compression settings and de-selected all except English AC3 2channel, then backed up movie and burnt with nero on a Taiyo Yuden disc no problems. Put the new movie in player and when the movie plays I get the movie plus the "commentary voice over"! wtf!
    Ok, so I think to myself maybe I made a wrong selection in shrink. So this time I use DVD decryptor and just burn the movie only. Run it through shrink, select english ac3 2 CH, burn the movie, and guess what? I still get the commentary voice over and not the voice of the actors. What gives? I have never had this problem before.
    Any and all suggestions, cause I can't figure it out.
    Jack-

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

The next time you put the movie in Shrink, select the main movie and start the preview. Right click anywhere in the preview window and a menu will appear. Select Audio from the menu. now you can listen to each available track. Take note of the one you want on your copy. Check it's box and uncheck the rest. Usually works for me. Most of the time the main movie audio is on the 5.1 ch.

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

You selected the commentary soundtrack. Don't be affraid of backing up the 5.1 soundtrack even if you don't have surround sound. Your player will downmix this to stereo.

4. jackthe

jackthe Member

thank you both. I should have thought. guess you learn somthing new every day. Now all is well again. I can sleep.
    thx

5. gogina

gogina Member

The combination of anydvd and clonedvd2 from slysoft.com backed up this movie no problem, and that was with the dolby 5.1 sound output only, movie only, no menus, extras etc.

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005