1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lag time with Mario Striker

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by grkblood, May 30, 2007.

1. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

is it just me or is the lag time while playing online get ridiculous at times? it makes game play almost unbearable on my end. so much for blocking legit megastrikes. could this be because I'm in the states and I'm more than likely linked up with someone oversees?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I am in the states and have no lag here.

I always make sure I have a connection speed of 4 Stars before accepting the game. Which most of the time it is 4 Stars. I think once I had a 1 star connection which I denied the game.

Also make sure you are not downloading anything (Torrent) and if you have multiple computers that are networked to the router make sure no users are on the net during game play.

Plus it could be a speed issue with your provider. My connection is 5M up and 256k down. What are your speeds?

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  3. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

i don't know my up and down speeds seperately but my current speed is 54M. i have recieved a connection better than 3 stars yet. Then again i forgot about azureus running.

currently i'm running about 40Kb down and a little less up on Azureus. Should that really effect my gameplay though?

4. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

kill any downloading progs

u cant have your cake and eat it

5. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

j/w, how would my lag effect the person i'm playing or vice versa? pretty much who has the advantage? cuz playing online they usually boot laggers off gaming sites becuase they could "morph" from place to place due to their delay. But when i was lagging it made it hard on me to play.

6. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

my take was if ur d/ling and causing a lag, it will affect you rather than the other person unless nintendo have put some measures in place that slow down the other side when urs does

7. stuntman_

stuntman_ Regular member

I download torrents while I play online and usaully have no problems, probably a slow connection on your part, how many stars do you have?

8. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

well when i connect it usually shows 3 out of 4 stars, i thought that was the other persons connection though.

9. keypox

keypox Regular member

i just tried playing for second time online and i had no control over char once i got the ball they ran in different directions then i was pressing

sucks too cause i could have beat that guy i think

trying again now