1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Language changes when putting NTSC-U game on to a NTSC-J console

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Trainp, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Trainp

Trainp Member

I searched on here , but couldnt find anyone with this problem. i have a NTSC-J nintendo wii and when i put a NTSC-U game it changes the language to chinese. Am curious if anyone ever came across this problem? yes my system is modded, but im not sure what chip it has.

2. asif500us

asif500us Member

I have the same wii as you, and it doesnt change the language to chinese. It changes the wrist strap menu to japanese (how is yours change to chinese??), but the games play in english fine for me.

3. Trainp

Trainp Member

Yea kinda weird... so far its 2 games which are resident evil umbrella chronicles and trauma center new blood...but im not sure why this happens.

4. Trainp

Trainp Member

So has this happen to anyone else? is it possible that both resident evil umbrella chronicles and trauma center new blood were mislabeled as usa when they are really J?

5. Dnestr

Dnestr Member

Firstly... I understand you might not be familiar with the languages, but you're seeing Japanese, not Chinese (although some characters overlap). Some games, even if they are the PAL or NTSC-U version, will look at the system's language (in your case Japanese), and will use the language it detects. Thus, RE:UC and Trauma Center will be in Japanese for you. It's the same way with games like Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, too. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it.

6. Trainp

Trainp Member

Not that i dont understand I just dont care to know if its chinese or japanese its not in english and that is what matters at the moment, but thank you for letting me know.

7. Dnestr

Dnestr Member

No prob... I know you didn't care if it was Chinese or Japanese but I did =P

8. djsika

djsika Member

i have no idea how yours is in english, which release do you have? i have the same problem as the original poster, games Ntsc-US but the thing decides to make all the text japanese, there's gotta be a way to take out the jap subs so you can read it, if they put the subs on there to adapt to whatever console you have, then i thought they would have give you a choice in the menu lol, lemme kno if any one gets any news on this

9. djsika

djsika Member

only certain games change to the language of the Console, i cant find any fix to this but it wont let me play the US version of Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles in english (voices are but text isnt), totally sucks lol, i'll start listing usa/pal games that change to japanese language in a japanese console, we really need a Japanese Wii thread, cant find much info anywhere

10. djsika

djsika Member

i got resident evil working in english, message me on msn makaveli_2k1@hotmail.com and i'll tell u how to do it, will post it up to but its late at the moment

11. paen

paen Member

i have the same problem being my wii ntsc-j modded (dunno what mod it is) and cant play play my ntsc-u trauma center in english. it wokrs fine but whenever i play it its in japanese.

12. j600

j600 Member

i have the same problem with a USA version of ninja reflex on my japanese wii. although its a USA game (so i thought it would be english) the game plays in Japanese? Is there no way at all i can fix this?