1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop dvd problems

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by sinsaint, Mar 7, 2007.

1. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

Hi, i recently bought a Advent 8111 laptop, here are the specs.

1.6Ghz Core Duo Centrino
    1gb Ram
    80gb S-ATA HDD
    intel Caligosta graphics (onboard)

initially it ran fine with movies no problems at all, but then i started using media center, after i launched media center and selected the play DVD option it wouldnt load so i /end tasked it and tryed playing it on wmp11, i was horrified to find out that dvd playback was choppy and jumpy and the sound was partially distorted.

it came with power dvd which i usually used, i downloaded video lan which seemed t sort out the problem for a while but now some dvds have long pause breaks at a time, i also downloaded klite video codecs and that made some improvments but not much.

i mananged to get it working again by reformatting the hard drive but after i let my sister go on it to watch a movie she launched media center not knowing and now im back to the same problem, i dont want to reformat my hd as i have alot of files on their i dont want to get rid of, is their any way of making my dvd's play smoothly again?

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

the dvd's might have smudges on them or finger prints, you might try cleaning the eye of the player, also what brand of media are you using?

3. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

nothing wrong with the player itself, as if i use vlan player on dvd(no menu) mode they play perfectly, and if i format the hd they play perfect untill i start media center which makes the dvd's play back funny.