1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by THEZAMMAN, Apr 11, 2004.

1. THEZAMMAN

THEZAMMAN Member

i have a hp 2.0,512,40 cpu and a tdk 8x burner and using 4x memorex dvd-r media. now im able to decrypt the movie and shrink it to my harddrive but when i go to burn it the burner just starts for 5 seconds then just runs with no progress on the screen? ive used the nero demo that shrink wants and clonedvd and roxio that came with burner with no success and same results. can someone help me before i toss my burner and cpu out the window?lol

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You need to get rid of Roxio :) The only thing it's good for is screwing up Nero. You may need to uninstall then reinstall Nero after you get rid of Roxio.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2004
  3. THEZAMMAN

THEZAMMAN Member

thanks nephilim but i tried that already and still have the same problem? is it me or the compatability with the programs or the media??

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If using DVD Shrink to compress , you can set the output to an .ISO file ... then DVD Decrypter will burn it !! (free software usage the whole way thru)

5. THEZAMMAN

THEZAMMAN Member

thanks herbsman but i tried that also and it still has the same result. does it matter that im on a laptop with the burner attached to a 2.0 usb card??

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

It may do... are you sure that it's installed correctly ? (like definitely sure)

7. THEZAMMAN

THEZAMMAN Member

ill uninstall then reinstall again for the 3rd time.lol :(

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Do us all a favor and run a "search" for Roxio and delete everything and I mean everything on your PC that says Roxio, THEN reboot. Uninstall Nero and reboot (to make sure it's gone) Reinstall Nero, reboot (to get it settled in). Seems like too much work ? Easier to say you tried it than to do it EXACTLY as we asked you to do it ? Missed just 1 step and think it won't matter ?
    Trust me, we know it's work, we did it all ourselves and we missed that 1 step - it matters - it's the difference between working like a Bat outta hell or just sitting there doing nothing.
    While we're at it, it couldn't hurt to do the same with DVD Shrink and CloneDVD too. (Don't worry about DVD Decrypter, it's immune.)

Then, to make sure you're not losing too many resources running too many things behind the scenes, go to msconfig and if you are running XP, shut EVERYTHING down. If you're running something else let systray and explorer alone but uncheck all else. We'd like to see how you do with full RAM available -

NOTE: Nice thing to remember, it doesn't hurt to always do a clean uninstall and install (that's doing that boot thingie).

and so I don't forget later - if you've never done it, do a registry clean when we get this stuff straightened out :D) It will give your PC a nice boot :p)

Pete

9. Nephilim

10. THEZAMMAN

THEZAMMAN Member

thanks scuba, i will try all your advice and ill get back to you hopefully with good news. thanks neph, i will do that once i get home from work and off this prehistoric 56k modem connection.lol maybe there is some hope for me? but im depressed on why my updated firmware for my burner wont install and it says "system error(win32)code121"??? do i have bad luck or what? :(

11. THEZAMMAN

THEZAMMAN Member

ok i just uninstalled every dvd program i had and the burner itself. the burner is installed and i tried to update my firmware but it still says "system error(win32)code 121" ??? can anyone figure out my problem? going to reinstall everything again and try again and hopefully i dont burn my 14th coaster!lol wish me luck :)

12. Nephilim

I found this at the M$ knowledge base:

And I just happened upon an informative post by Xian in another thread that included this bit:

And here's the thread it came from:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/80062

Hope this helps :)

13. THEZAMMAN

THEZAMMAN Member

thanks but it didnt help me much. :( i guess no one can figure it out? i cant believe i can decrypt, shrink but not burn without it freezing after 1%

14. Nephilim

ASPI in good order?

DMA enabled for the burner?

15. THEZAMMAN

THEZAMMAN Member

neph you might be on to something. i noticed the dma isnt on but how do you put it on? aspi can be found where and whats the norm? sorry guys this part im a virgin to. :)

16. Nephilim

17. THEZAMMAN

THEZAMMAN Member

ok we might be onto something. now i have another problem.lol im using a laptop and my burner is on a 2.0 usb pcmcia card. so on the nero hardware check it shows that my dvd burner is on a unknown device and on autorun with no dma. unfortunately i cant do the dma enable thru the ide controllers because it doesnt show. so now what? and my aspi show installed and working properly in the nero check. thanks again and you guys are the best!

18. Nephilim

My bad! I forgot you're using USB which has nothing to do with DMA.

Have you tried updating the firmware with the new ASPI?

19. THEZAMMAN

THEZAMMAN Member

thanks for all your help but i figured it out with tdk tech support. for all you laptop users that are more than 2 years old you must update your cpu at your companys website. for example mine is hewlett packard and the reason why is dvd burning started this past year and older cpu's dont have the new files compatable for dvd burning communication. so using a desk top or laptop doesnt matter but usb is a little faster. burn baby burn!