1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop not turning on (please help)

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by beatz2005, Apr 18, 2007.

1. beatz2005

beatz2005 Regular member

my laptop was on without it being charged all day (since 9:00) and it's 10:00 now. now the light that is orange lets me know that it's charging, when i hit the power button it turns green, but goes back to orange to let me know it's charging again when i hit the power button, i can hear the fan try to start spinning and then it stops. i have no idea what to do from this point it's been charging for almost a half hou now and still no go. please let me know if u have any ideas as to what's goin on

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Have you tried taking out the battery yet ?

3. beatz2005

beatz2005 Regular member

yea, and i plugged the ac adapter in and still nothin

4. sayuthu

sayuthu Member

Remove battery and AC adapter, press and hold the power button for 10-20 secs and release, connect battery or AC adapter and try powering on.

Hope it helps.

5. beatz2005

beatz2005 Regular member

still not workin. when i press the button, the screen blinks real quick and goes back to black, then the light goes back to the charging status and nothing else. it's messed up since i can't open it up or else it voids the warranty. i'm completely stuck

6. beatz2005

beatz2005 Regular member

u guys have any other ideas? also it booted up the first time i tried and it froze @ the xp logo, then that's when i had to do a hard restart and here i am now