1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop on TV

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Judas543, May 8, 2007.

1. Judas543

Judas543 Member

I can use Fn+F8 to put the screen onto the TV but the problem is when i use the internet, the text will get to the largest setting and I can't scroll up it will automatically go down. How can i fix this

2. advo

advo Member

hi, can't seem to get a picture on t.v after connecting laptop to t.v using a s-video cable..help!

3. rostame2

rostame2 Guest

I used to have the same problem, but then I bought PC to Video EZ and it fixed everything... Look at either Microcenter or other sites to find this gadget. Itys a little need thing and makes my life easier and bigger to view. I usually play intervideo on TV or projects for stuff onto a TV or other things. Everything comes in that thing except a RYW Cable to hook your sound onto your TV. So i bought a cable and used it, but you need a thing for the front of one side of the white that makes that white cable to a headset thing, then hook it up to your Laptop sound...

Instructions on how to set it up:
    VGA IN (Red) to Laptop (Blue Side)
    Video Out (Gadegt) to TV Video (IN)
    S Video OUT (Gadget) to Laptop (S-Video)

Extra to buy
    Yellow White Red cable to Yellow White Red Cable
    Hook that white of one side to a headsead Plug and then to your Computer's Headphone, and the other side Red and White only to the remainder where you plugged in the Yellow cable to the TV.

How to start the Thing:
    Turn on your TV
    Press FN + F8, maybe Once or many times to see you Computer Screen on TV...

That's all, and if you need anything else, let me know and I help you out!!!

Information and to see a Picture of the Product
    PC to Video EZ

4. advo

advo Member

heya, thanks for the info. :)

5. advo

advo Member

i tried using only a s-video cable, my prob is with the video not the audio..the audio seems to work fine w/another cable..just can't get the picture on the screen. any help!?

6. advo

advo Member

oh yea, this is the msg i get when I press Fn + F7. * "Error your computer is not attached to an external monitor or projector. Attach one and then select this scheme again". Funny thing is everything is attached..the s-video cable is connected..itz all tight..just don't get what the problem is. I think maybe should get another laptop. Haizz..

7. advo

advo Member

I got it! can't believe it was so easy..

8. gng001

gng001 Member

Hi, can you tell me how you resolved it? I too have the same problem in my Thinkpad R60.

9. advo

advo Member

I just right-clicked on my desktop screen..graphics->television & notebook..clicked on the television..but first you should connect a s-video cable..

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yes, connect the cable first, THEN do it.