1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop Problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Dizzy46, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Dizzy46

Dizzy46 Member

Hi guys

I have a toshiba portege m100 laptop. It had a virus or spyware on it and the control button was permanently on. I know for a fact its not a keyboard issue cause i formatted the drive and the problem disappeared temporarily.

I tried formatting the drive again when the problem reappeared but at that point i had no control over my keyboard so i couldnt format. I bought a new hard drive thinking i could just chuck it in, partition, format and install windows (which i did). But the control button remains stuck on (even when i remove the button)

Is it possible for viruses or spyware to remain in the cache or ram even after u've replaced the hard drive? and if so how can i remove them? cause mcaffe and adaware dont pick up anything

any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers

2. steimy

steimy Active member

at this point i would have to think it is something in the hardware of the laptop, and not a virus or spyware.

3. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member

I would agree with steimy on this one dizzy. Dumb question but has there ever been anything spilled on it or is it used in a dirty enviroment? If so then I would definitely say its a hardware problem especially with what you have already done.

4. Dizzy46

Dizzy46 Member

hi guys thanks for the help. It was a hardware problem as it turns out. I took the keyborad out and reconnected it. I was able to type but still couldnt use like 10 different keys. so i took the keyboard out again and reconnected it and evrything works great now.
    thanks steimy and blackjax uve been a tremendous help