1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop RAM

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Andrew86, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Andrew86

Andrew86 Member

Heya guys,

Just purchased a new 1gig RAM card for my HP Nx6125.

I was wondering, is laptop RAM restricted to certain models? In the near future I think my laptop will probably die (Strong believer that laptops are not very durable) I would like to transfer the RAM to my next model. But I'm not sure if the RAM i have now can be transferred or not.

2. omnicore

omnicore Member

There are a lot of different types of RAM and more keep coming out so most likely it won't be unless you specifically look for a laptop that supports it. What kind of memory did get for your laptop?

3. Andrew86

Andrew86 Member

I really don't know much about RAM upgrades but it is:

1 gig Module
    Product Code: FT1GHP890B
    Manufacturers
    Part No: DC890B

But this is where i purchased it from

http://www.offtek.co.uk/product.php...cat=1&subcat=1&model=Business+Notebook+nx6125

It's annoying 'cos if i had a choice I'd rather spend that cash in boosting my Desktop's RAM but since I study away from home I need it for my laptop.

Thanks for any advice

4. omnicore

omnicore Member

The RAM type is DDR for that notebook. A lot of notebooks are now coming out with DDR2 so you might be out of luck if you wanted to recycle the memory into another laptop later on down the line.