1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Large File Using WinAvi

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by xanaxpt, Jan 4, 2005.

1. xanaxpt

xanaxpt Guest

Hi Ppl

I am using WinAvi 6.2 and i am trying to convert 2 XviD with AC3 but the final DVD have 7 GB!!! I dont understand Why!! :(

I am using ffdshow and Ac3filter

Try to help me plz

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

My question is: how many the sum of the 2 AVIs' minutes are? Remember that 155' movie on a DVD = 4.5 GB.

3. xanaxpt

xanaxpt Guest

128 min :(

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Try to use our guide, which uses mainly TMPGenc to make the .M2V (video mpeg-2 DVD) + IFOEdit to author the DVD (movie = .M2V [video] + .MP2 [audio])(http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm).
    I insist: the project wizard of TMPGenc says "155' movie into a DVD" using an automatic generated bitrate.
    If you lower the birate ('expert' to go <2000) a longer video fits in a DVD.
    For this reason (low bitrate=lousy movie), and because often the input AVI is never so good (700-800 MB << 4.5 GB) I prefer to make a VCD (easier, faster and cheaper).

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005