1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

large hard drives and useing g:

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by budsly, Apr 11, 2004.

1. budsly

budsly Member

ok ive formatted to use g: if i make directories on it ex. apps.... , games.... then i went in the evox ini file checked and the command line AutoAddItem "g:GAMES" was in so why cant i use my g: any ideas be awsome? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Budsly~~~~~~~~~~~

2. dolemite

dolemite Regular member

hey budsly.... why do u want to make a G drive for... just use ur 250 gig drive under F....just flash with the lastest bio...

3. budsly

budsly Member

Dolemite to the resue again :=} see i use the auto slayer cd if formated having c: e: f: g: but any thing i store on it seems programs dont reconice g:? for example i was loking thrugh all nook and granies in xbmp and found listed drives that it searches they were all listed except g: peace out ~~~~~~~~~Budsly~~~~~~~~~~

oh ps dolemite did u receive the money order if not ill send u another my hand writing is awful bad so know telling where it might end up at !!

4. alas

alas Member

did you check in your ini file if you enabled the g drive?

one problem w/ having a large f drive is if in case it gets corrupted, a huge amount of data is sitting on one drive. just my opinion...

5. budsly

budsly Member

ill have to double check the ini file but how do u go about having more partions then just f: g: for large hd i have 250 gig hd how would recomend to split it and what is the latest bio maybe i dont have latest one?

6. alas

alas Member

latest i saw was x2 4983.06 and .67...the .06 gives you a large f drive while the .67 gives you the g drive. better for you to go for the one w/ drive g as it's going to be a big headache in case you go for a huge drive f and it becomes corrupted.

7. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

as a safety measure too, just find a friend with a modded xbox/large hdd and use eachother as backup. My old boss and I do that. We have mostly the same stuff. If I ever go corrupt, I just restore from him. I use partition 6 takes rest (one big F). Just makes it more convenient/neater (imo).