1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

large iso compression help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by oscardude, Mar 24, 2007.

1. oscardude

oscardude Member

ive been recenlty trying to back up my copy of God of war 2. I ripped an .iso of it, and the total size came out to be 7.9 gb. Does anyone know how i could compress it enough to fit a 4.7 gb dvd? And so that i could boot it w/ swap magic? any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Try opening the ISO with DVD Shrink.

3. oscardude

oscardude Member

i cant get it to work through dvd shrink, it says that the iso is invalid or something, probably because its not a video dvd iso. If you did get it to work w/ a ps2 iso, could you please specify?

Other than that, i used WinHex to compress the iso to 4.3 gb, cuz it always comes out to be a little bigger than it says it is. so any way, i split the iso image using winhex, and got it down to 4.3, and burned that using dvd decrypter. I tried booting it on ps2 using swap magic, and it booted. but now the problem is that the damn thing freezes after the opening movie. Anybody have any help or advice? or does anyone know if it'll work if i burn it to an 8.5 gb dvd??
    thanks

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

What program did you use to create the ISO?

5. oscardude

oscardude Member

to rip the .iso from the original, i used dvd decrypter. to split it, i used WinHex, and then burned that to a disc using dvd decrypter. i didnt change it back to an iso if thats wat ur asking

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Why do you need to split it if you're going to burn it?

7. oscardude

oscardude Member

to compress it enough to fit a 4.7 gb dvd

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'd try copying it as much as possible like the original. That means burning to DL. Games are tricky and the encryption on newer ones I've heard is a bit more difficult.

You might find more help if this were in the games forums. Nothing to do with movies, which this forum is all about. You'd be presenting you question to a larger group of gamers.

9. oscardude

oscardude Member

thanks dude, and ya, srry 'bout that, i didnt even realize where i was posting it..

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

No need to apologize. I just suggested a forum more dedicated to your topic.

Did anyone mention using +R and booktyping to DVD ROM. It sometimes improves compatibility. A friend of mine has a PS2 with a mod chip. He rips with DVD Decrypter in ISO and then burns with ImgBurn at low speed. I've not talked to him in a while, so I'm not sure how his larger games came out with DL.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007