1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Large mdf/mds file

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Accolade, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Accolade

Accolade Member

I have a large mdf/mds file thats an image of a game disc. Specifically its 7.67GB. Can I burn this to 2 DVD's? If so what is the procedure and what program is best? I have Alcohol 120, PowerISO, Magic ISO, and Nero.

2. onya

onya Guest

Can you specify what game and which console it uses? Does the game have two discs?

3. Accolade

Accolade Member

Actually its a pc game, but that doesn't really matter. I guess what i should have asked is is it possible to burn something larger than 4.7gb onto two dvd's because its not just games i want to do this with. I know with movies i can use something like dvdshrink to fit it on one disc but what if i wanted to make like a compilation of video clips or, well, lots of things really. I've tried to use nero and select a file too large for one dvd too see if maybe it would ask me to put in another dvd at the end but it just tells me the file is too large and does nothing. I hope im not being too vague in what im asking for. If i am, feel free to ask for more specifics as I'm really looking for a solution. Come to think of it, what im trying to do is transfer a large rar file (7gb) from my desktop to my laptop. So if anyone has a good solution for that, that would definately suffice for me.

any help would be greatly appreciated. :)