1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Large movies.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by DiamondT, Dec 2, 2004.

1. DiamondT

DiamondT Member

Greetings all.

My question is : What do you guys use for copying movies that are long like Braveheart or Gladiator?? Can I use DVD Shrink to split them in two??? If not, can you plz tell me which program does? Because I have burned Braveheart at 63% ( taking out extras ) compression + Deep analysis + Maximum smoothness and I am not satisfied with the quality ( so far I have burned 6 movies at 80% or more and they were fine ) ( I use Ridata R- 8x ). Do you always use Shrink for all of your movies?? And do you always set maximum smoothness?
    Thanks for your help.

PS : I use a Pioneer DVR108 burner.

Fred.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I use Shrink for 99% Of my movies. I never use the anaylisis or smoothness I just uncheck those, but if I were to use one on a movie like Braveheart I would use max sharpness. If you want to put everything onto 2 disk's I would recommend trying out DVDFab Gold.
    I hardly compress my movies at all because I only copy the main movie with 5.1 English audio.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

When I did Braveheart, I went into Reauthor mode and and did the main movie only. I chose the 5.1 AC3 audio and then I chose to edit start and end points. By chopping off the intro and the end credits, I was able to get this one up over the 80% mark. I think I used Max Smoothness and am pleased with my results. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    And in case you didn't know, you lose menus if you use reauthor mode.

4. zippin

zippin Member

some movies come in 2 dvd's, and personally i am okay with having 2 dvd's. i like to make CC of the dvd's. when i have time i do watch the extras....why not just use 2 dvd's to burn them???

5. Mpdogg25

Mpdogg25 Guest

I have backed up a lot of long movies using Shrink 3.2. I did Primary Colors a few weeks ago and I could only get that one to about 62%. I use deep analysis, and maximum smoothness on most movies that I have to compress. To me they look fine. You can split disc's with Shrink 3.2, I am almost certain that there is a photo tutorial of it in the tutorials section.