1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Larger disc files with DVDShrink?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by shark12, Jul 24, 2003.

1. shark12

shark12 Member

I am VERY new to backing up DVD's, and not very computer savvy. I've gotten tons of great information on here and last night successfully made my first backup using DVDShrink and Nero.

From what I can gather, most newer discs obviously have to be compressed to fit on a DVD-5 that I buy at the store (are these the only size I can use to burn onto?) It seems to me that options are to either burn onto 2 discs, or compress big time and leave out some extras. I don't have a problem burning onto 2 discs, but I don't think this can be done with DVDShrink can it? Will I need to use a combination, such as DVD Decrypter and then DVD2One, then burn with Nero? And is this a good combination?

All this stuff is so over my head. Thanks to you all who know what you're talking about!

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Yes, that's what I do. For example I just backed up Final Destination 2. The one side of the DVD was 8.6 GB. The movie only ended up being 3.8 GB.

3. An6eLo

An6eLo Member

4. shark12

shark12 Member

Thanks a lot to you both. You helped clear up a lot of stuff for me!