1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laser Disc Collision (Ignore first post)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by pokernuka, Jul 16, 2007.

1. pokernuka

pokernuka Member

I was hoping I would never have to ask again for hardware assistance from this forum but unfortunately I do. I was having problems with my laser but I think I fixed it. In the process of fixing it my eject ribbon became undone. I was able to put it back in and now the ps2 will not power on. Is the blue side supposed to be up or down on the cord I have it down now. I hope I just have it backwards. I have the fat 30001 model ps2.

any help appreciated

2. pokernuka

pokernuka Member

It appears the laser as it reads once the Playstation 2 is flashed on the screen after the game boots up begins to collide with the disc and then will stop reading. I am missing one of the screws on the slide rail I dropped it inside of the ps2, took it apart and cannot find it. I was thinking of using a piece of electrical tape to hold it down or is their something better I can use.

Thanks

Only on my backed up games this occurs I just got a demo disk in the mail and it works fine on any laser height. I will try to thoroughly clean the lens see if that does anything

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007