1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laser level is off and dislodging disks.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Cachorrao, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

I was hearing a grinding sound and disk were getting scuffed up. At first I thought it was just dirty so I cleaned it out and re-greased everything etc... but still having the problem but now the games won't even load. I just put a flip top lid on it and now I can see that the disk is getting dislodged by the laser. Not sure how this happened but it's definatly too high. How do I adjust this? Thanks.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

are you sure its the laser and not the white circular piece in the fliptop?

3. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

I was getting this problem before I put he flip top on so I don't think so. Although the disks were loading before. I was getting a lot of grinding noises etc.. and didks were getting scratched up pretty good and I'm getting those same moises now.

Can you give me some direction as if it was either problme? That way I can try each one and see if it works out. Thanks.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

that white wheel at the back of the laser track is what adjusts the height (if your version ps2 has it).

5. skoalmint

skoalmint Member

i had a problem with mine befor, and it sound like what your say'n...it was that lil screw piece the moves the laser back and forward well the plastic peice (kinda like a bolt) was striped..

but it could be what sly_61019 was talking about...just move it 2 notches left