1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laser problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Granpapi, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Granpapi

Granpapi Member

Can anyone show me how to adjust my laser. My fliptop was working beautifully until a week ago. Now it makes loud noises and after like 20 minutes it just freezes. Whats going on, I think playing backed up games wear the laser. My PS2 is a like 3 years old. (VER7). I just need like some sorta step by step guide to adjust my laser to see If I can solve this problem. If not I'll have to buy a new laser. Thanks. Please reply!

2. Rotary8

Rotary8 Member

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

4. Granpapi

Granpapi Member

Hey people.If you read above I was having problems with my laser reading my backed up ps2 games. I was using generic media. Like i said though it worked for about 3 weeks and then it started freezin on me. Well I bought some Ritek G04's. I burnt a game on that media and what do you know I played for 4 hours.What Im wondering is will the Riteks do the same thing the generic ones did which is work for a few weeks and then stop working? I understand if the media was bad and never worked but the generic ones worked and then stopped. I dont know Im just paranoid I Guess.