1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laser Readjustment

Discussion in 'PS2' started by zeebo323, Mar 5, 2005.

1. zeebo323

zeebo323 Member

Hey everyone, I have a Version 9 PS2, and I need to re adjust the laser. I keep getting a DRE on all of my games. How do I readjust it? I found a page that showed a big white disc that was for moving the laser but I found nothing resembling it in my PS2 except two small discs kind of hidden towards the back of the system. I turned them but the laser wasn't moving. What should I do?

2. Niobis

Niobis Regular member

You'll need an allan wrench for the job. The two white discs you was talking about is the way to move it.The reason the laser may not look like it's moving because it doesn't. On eailer models like v1-6(or so) the laser moves by clicking the white disc but in a v8 and 9 only the medal bars that the laser is connected to moves. This is because in eailer models when the tray was open the laser itself droped below but in newer versions the whole setup moves down.

Make sure you mark a line where it starts.(on both discs) If you want to moves it up turn the disc clock-wise, if you want to move it down go counter clock-wise. Move each disc about 3-5 clicks at a time then go to the next and move it 3-5 clicks. Just make sure you know where you started incase you have to go back to default.

3. zeebo323

zeebo323 Member

Ah well that sucks then. Due to my stupidity I unknowingly turned both discs clockwise as far as they could go. Yeah, I know. Oh well. Atm I am using my cousin's PS2, I'm probably gonna end up buying it off him because he's into the whole 'X-box' thing now. x.x Lol.