1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laser Replacement

Discussion in 'PS2' started by drdetroit, Feb 7, 2005.

1. drdetroit

drdetroit Member

Is it possible or even worth it to replace a laser.

If so where and how is it done?

2. 87racing

87racing Member

go to google and type in ps2 replacement laser. it should come up with sites that have replacement lasers, make sure you have the right version then decide if you want to buy it and put it in.

3. DVD7227

DVD7227 Regular member

they should have a ton of laser replacements it depends go to the back of your PS2 and check the
    SCPH it should either say 30001, 39001 or etc type
    on ebay ex.(laser 39001) then if your lucky you'll
    see one for 40 or less is it worth it, not really, I dont know but it's alot of work I suggest you just clean your lens with rubbing alcohole save $cash$
    if you need to know how to do this ask again and i'll guide you if i dont go to sleep.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  4. steimy

steimy Active member

I though about replacing the one i had go bad too, but after the price of the laser, and then reading the guide on how to do it, which seams like a real pain in the a$$ because you have to line everything up just right and at the right height or it will not work anyway. I decided just to get a new one. Try cleaning the laser first and see if that helps, if not look for a guide on adjusting the laser which is also pretty easy and got mine working again when i thought it was shot.