1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

laserjet printer driver wont go away

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by m4a1, Aug 7, 2004.

1. m4a1

m4a1 Member

While i was away for a bit someone switched printers on my computer from a hp laserjet3100 to some old hp printer without uninstalling the driver first. Then i switched back the printers and the printer was faulty. then i reinstalled the driver and everything was ok for a bit. now i want to uninstall the driver for the hp laser jet but, whenever i do i get this message at uninstall shield that says, log file c:jetNTuninst.isu is not valid or the data has been corrupted.i tried force deleting it but the add/remove programs still has the driver. Add/remove programs wont work. going to device manager and uninstalling the printer wont work, it still has the driver for it. Whenever i start the computer it says new hardware even though the driver is there BUT I CANT REMOVE THE DRIVER!!! Anyway to remove this dam driver for the hp laserjet? its annoying and i want to get a new printer.
    thanks
    this will be a relief if someone could tell me how..

Last edited: Aug 8, 2004
  2. m4a1

m4a1 Member

i really need this!!!

BUMP

3. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Try removing the driver in safe mode.