1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

last 10 min of dvds cutting off

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kb5523, Dec 10, 2004.

1. kb5523

kb5523 Member

Ive been backing up movies for a couple months now using dvd shrink,Decrypter and Dvd Fab.Now im gettin alot of movies cutting off.I figured w.Lord of Rings,it was too long same w/Rise and fall of ECW,but now im getting it w/Gothika,Bone Collector,and Sugar Hill,and these are only like 2 hours long.Im using DVD-R right now they have worked fine even though i bought wrong ones wanted DVD + R,but they were working,i dont know what the problem is now.IF any1 can help,please respond.And how can i fit a disc of a TV Show(CSI,Wire)onto 1 Dics,thanks

2. kb5523

kb5523 Member

also w/DVD Fab i almost alway get a Disc Information Fail,and w/dvd decrypter sometimes a Check Condition Type of error

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If all your movies are cut off at the end it sounds like your target size is too big. As an example in Shrink the target output size should be set to 4300. This gives you a little extra room at the edge of the blank media which is where you see more errors. It you have it set above 4.36 gig(max size for a blank) it won't fit.

Jerry

4. kb5523

kb5523 Member

k i changed it 2 4300,now does this mean it will shrink file down 2 size to still fit on 1 disc.And will this enable me to comfortably burn tv shows on a disc without having 2 split 1 reg disc onto 2 blank dvds.