1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

last 15 mins of every movie cannot play

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by farkle, Mar 20, 2005.

1. farkle

farkle Member

Built amd athlon 3000 768ddr using dvd decrypter and copy to dvd program all my movies play fine except near the end of the movie it locks up and wont play anymore. this is true on multiple dvd players including computer dvd rom drive. I can use power dvd and play the vob files just fine. Copy to Dvd results show "successful" when finished copying. I formatted the HDD just before this post all to no avail.

I didn't uninstall or update the firmware on the Emprex 16x dual layer burner because I have made copies successfully prior to this problem. I am using phillips dvd +R single layer media with success in the past.
    any kelp?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi farkle, I'm not familiar with the settings in Copy to DVD so I'll explain what I think is the problem using Shrink. I think you are burning too close to the outer edge of the blank media. In Shrink you can set the size of the target output to 4300 which keeps from burning to the edge. I don't know if you can adjust the file size in your program since I don't use that one.

Jerry

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  3. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Or possibly a problem with inconsistant media.
    The drive could also be the problem but it sound like some media I have used in the past.

Slow the burn down and see if theproblem gets better.

4. farkle

farkle Member

I have slowed down the burn speed to 2x and more coasters. I have the same problem burning divx movies as well even they can fit on a 700mb disc I always have the same problem with the movie locking up in the 2nd to last or last video object file. I used dvd shrink to isolate the edge of the disc problems and shrink made the movie the same size,(4.35 gb). I have found phillips media to be quite reliable but dont discount that the problem my lie within the discs.

5. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Try a different major brand of media. If it isn't the media then the burner is the next most likely which would be worse.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

In Shrink's settings under preferences pick custom and type in 4300. 4.35 gig is almost a full disc(4.36gig). It is usually poor quality media that will have the outer edge problem. Good quality-grade A media will usually work all the way to the edge.

Jerry