1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LAST DESPERATE PLEA!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Jshan87, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Jshan87

Jshan87 Member

Ok guys, this is my last plea to experts before i have to turn to ...gulp....customer support! I have a Sony DRU 500A with the latest firmware (2.0e). I have Nero 5.5.10.15. I have an AMD XP@ 1.6ghz. I have 1gb of RAM. I was ripping DVD's using DVD Decryptor and compressing using DVD2ONE and finally burning using NERO...following all the steps. (I know how to burn a DVD) Then, i switched firmware to the 1.0e (i believe). Now Nero will allow me to make a CD no problem but if i attempt to erase or create a dvd i recieve the message "Power Calibration Error". PLEASE PLEASE are there any suggestions? I have been working on this problem for over a week! Jovanni77 suggested it could be a glitch in my registry....so as a desperate act...i reformatted my HARDDIRVE! I have reinstalled Windows XP....but still "power calibration error"!!!! Can somebody help me?

2. malum

malum Regular member

1) update Nero
    2) there are other (better) DVD burning programs out there which I would have tried before a system reinstall.

3. cpb353

cpb353 Guest

Are you trying it with the same DVD Disc? Slightly different, but I got a 'Power Calibration Error' whenever I used a particular CD-RW dic I had. I dont use the disc anymore, and don't get any Power Calibration Errors - cause - bad disc.

Just an idea, but it might be the cause....

4. cpb353

cpb353 Guest

Are you trying it with the same DVD Disc? Slightly different, but I got a 'Power Calibration Error' whenever I used a particular CD-RW dic I had. I dont use the disc anymore, and don't get any Power Calibration Errors - cause - bad disc.

Just an idea, but it might be the cause....

5. Jshan87

Jshan87 Member

Malum...yeah i tried like stomp,roxio,Fuerio,Primo...i tried a bunch of different programs. Not all gave Calibration Errors...but none of them would complete the burning. Is there a more update version of nero than the one i have?

CPB353... no, i'm using my sony +rw disks...i have 3 of them. Also, i've tried 2 of my Ritek DVD-R's....although i'm not going to try any more of them cause i'm sick of wasting disks.

6. WalterPK

WalterPK Member

lo, Don't know if this is a Nero prob or not. i aint had that mesage but had a lot of bother with version 5.5.10.7

I erased it, downloaded 5.5.10.7bg and all of a sudden evrything was working fine.

The moral i took from that was when iots working fine, don't update unless you really have to.

Not much help i know, but try reinstalling a slightly older version of Nero ( the one where it was working previously)