1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last Hurdle Before The Flash - Help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by xxsaijin, Jan 20, 2007.

1. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

Hi I just bought a Via VT6421a SATA card and I have xtremebooter maker set up aswell as the drivers for everything. I have "techincally" rehearsed flashing my ms28 drive. ( by that I mean I foolishly tried to flash the drive without the 6421 chipset for about 3 days LOL until someone corrected me )

Now only one thing stands in the way of me and playing burned games. The mtk flash compatible cd or dvd rom. Can it be a DL dvd burner? or just a cd/dvd rom? How can I tell if mines is compatible? thanks to anyone that can help

2. sourD

sourD Regular member

Sounds like you dont have a floppy drive?

3. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

No I do have a floppy drive. Why do I only need a mtk flashable cd/dvd drive if I don't have a floppy drive?!

4. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I guess you mean a DL burner for burning your games. Pioneer are the most prefered. Lite-on, Sony and a few others have worked for a lot of people too.

5. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

No I meant for example my pc doesnt have a compatible mtk cd/dvd drive right, then I need to go out and buy one and I read somewhere that all Lite On ones are compatible would a dl dvd liteon burner be just as effective?

6. wabashman

wabashman Active member

you put the MTK flash files on a floppy disc, not on a cd/dvd.

7. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

Ya I understand I need the floppy drive for that. But on a guide I'm using it says I need to have a cd/dvd drive with a mtk chipset on the same ide channel.

thats what my guide tells me.

8. sourD

sourD Regular member

Its my understanding that mtkflash or dos, one of them, only has the drivers to work from a floppy drive. I can not give any help with a flash stick/cd/dvd flash procedure. Using a floppy flashing a ms25 would take under 15 min if done properly. There may be drivers/utilities somewhere on the net to make mtkflash compatiable with your optical drive and your mentioning some compatable dvd drives, It may be cheaper to pick us a 10$ floppy drive and hook it up to your computer to flash it.

9. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

That guide is old. You dont have to do that anymore as long as you tick Apply bokes patch in xtreme boot maker. You can use any DVD drive.

10. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

ok so its all good then but now i have a new problemm. i started the flashing process and it was going great but then it froze on me. here is what it said.

11. sourD

sourD Regular member

When reading my ms25 it went up to 100% three or four times and at the end tells you to reboot. I would make sure the dvd drive is on the primary ide spot at the very end of the cable, set to master. Keep trying to get it read until you get a 256k bin file out of your drive. It probally read a partial file of junk for you. Good Luck!

12. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

but it started reading it. it did once to 100 % so it should have kept going...Since yours does 3-4 times mines shoudl to maybe you could tell me in detail how you set up your ide cables or maybe even screenshot it? also i checked the orig.bin that showed up on my floppy is wat about 71 kb... so ya its junk.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  13. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

If your using a floppy disk, get a decent one. A reasonably new one, not a knackered old one from the Windows 3.1 days or something. Then it should work

14. sourD

sourD Regular member

The error message you got just does not sound right.

If you do not plug a video cable into the xbox it will go into a sleep mode is it may be possiable it did this to you at the exact moment you needed it on.

I sell sammsung drives and flash 5-10 at a time. My sata card's ide will not flash em though. Only the ide connection off of my motherboard works.

Did you connect the floppy to the sata card? Im assuming you didnt. You obviously accesed and saved info from the drive I dont see why it would stop unless you unplugged it or it went to sleep on you.

15. xxsaijin

xxsaijin Regular member

Your totally rite I really thought it was my damn floppy its like 6 years old no jokes.... I will go out and buy a new floppy today :D thnks for the nfo !