1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LAST RESORT FOR PAL TO NTSC!!! PLZZZ

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bradikus7, Jan 4, 2005.

1. bradikus7

bradikus7 Member

hello, i am not trying to sound rude or obnoctious in any way shape or form but here goes......

i realize that this topic has been covered manytimes before, but maybe its just me i cant seem to find a forum for me. i have a move called Darkness. this dvd is in pal format. i have it stored on my hard drive in vob files. it is only the movie no menues or anything like that. i need to convert it to ntsc by using a free software or a fully functional trial software and beable to watch it on my dvd player with the words actually in sync with what the person says.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me i deeply appreciate all of your suggestions.

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I am not sure in all honesty if it is possible. If you compare the 2 systems PAL (phase alternate line) to NTSC (national television system commitee), they are very different. My TV is NTSC compatible as well as my 2 video players. Playback only, not record. This is how I overcome it. My dvd standalones are multi-region & play both formats well. I think you will need to get your equipment compatible with both systems. Whether software is out there is debateable. Hang on a minute, I have just done a google search, here is a link that may be of help.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/115232

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

from bbmayo's provided link it says PAL to NTSC without losing quality.
    while the steps are involving encoding. it does says soin the guide too.

i don't see any way around it. 2 reason. you need to slow down the frame rate to 24fps, and the maybe use 3:2 pulldown when playback or add telecine. and you need to resize to 720x480.

maybe it will not show any difference to your eyes, but quality is still lost. :)