1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last Resort

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by coach, Jun 20, 2002.

1. coach

coach Member

I've been trying to back up Not Another Teen Movie with IFOEdit and XP. I have tried Ripping it with Smartripper but it comes up that it will take 40 hours so I used DVD Decrypter. I followed the guides that are avaliable but when I try to play it in IFOEdit It says NO VALID DVD VOLUME COULD BE LOCATED, this is not the problem as I have read elsewhere in this forum but if I choose to continue it plays the introduction to the film the says DVD WARNING-COULD NOT OPEN A FILE ON THE DVD DISK, IF I continue the next message is A FILE ON THE DVD DISK COULD NOT BE OPENED. PLAY BACK MAY NOT CONTINUE. After that it does nothing. HELP!
    Coach.

2. tony99

tony99 Guest

use smart ripper (to rip),rempeg2 (to encode),then spuce up (to do a menu and scene selection),i have backed up a lots and lots of dvds this way

3. AND1

AND1 Guest

tony what the hell you talkin about this guy has a problem ripping the movie and you're talking about menus. Any way first you should play the movie in your DVD drive for a couple seconds to unlock the drive. Then open up smartripper and rip the entire movie. Second it shouldnt take 40 hours thats ridiculous. I use my DVD writer which is 1x to rip my movies and it only takes 35-40 min. After you have the movie ripped then open up IfoEdit and load up the .ifo that corresponds with the movie and strip all the useless streams. After thats done load up the new .ifo file and Get VTS sectors and your good to go.

4. coach

coach Member

I can access the drive without playing the movie, I can see the information about the movie before I try to rip it with Smartripper. The only thing that may be compounding the problem is that the movie I am trying to rip is region 1 and I have not made my drive region free yet. Could this be the problem, I have not tried to rip a region 2 movie with Smartripper yet.
    Thanks For The Replies
    Coach.

5. tony99

tony99 Guest

I've been trying to back up Not Another Teen Movie with IFOEdit and XP. I have tried Ripping it with Smartripper but it comes up that it will take 40 hours so I used DVD Decrypter

lol,,u dont have to play any of the movie to unlock, smart ripper does it for u

my post above was to let him know what I use to rip dvds,,i cant remember with teen movie but i think u only get the 2 files (demux) and not all files

my dvd writer is region2 and my reader is region1, so to get a region2 dvd to rip i use the writer and so on