1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last "Rites"?,for Pana.DMR-EZ37Vk?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by burninmad, Apr 26, 2010.

1. burninmad

burninmad Member

I'm on my FOURTH DVD recorder,so NOT new to these devices.But this Panasonic has finally "burned out",I guess.I had it sent to factory,after opening the box!Then again for a "New" drive,after 6 months ,or so.Been on phone with Panasonic MANY times too! Lotsa DVDs tried,but it finally would use ONLY Maxell DVD-R Color 5 packs!Kept rsetting,again&again.Finally to no avail.At least,I got TWo years of recording.I have a Directv DVR also,the R15 model(older).Any tips before I shop for a "new" unit"?Anything cheap!Will check pawn shops too!Limited budget,but fanatically recording,almost daily.Is there a reason,why I don't see the variety,in Sunday sale papers,anymore? Thanks!

2. burninmad

burninmad Member

Per My previous posts,and/or a link to AVS forum?,I've kept this troublesome unit,and ONE of "FEW" that records MOST all programs!Simply Keep on cleaning the "turntable/disc holder,Remove cover screws,Remove drive screws,Clean with dipped "Q-tips" or ?,and rubbing alcohol!! Works everytime I have problems! Cleaned Ten times this Summer alone.I like to use Office Depots': Screen Cleaning Fluid(2@$6.99!),or Endust For Electronics,pump or spray.The availability to find these Anti-Static cleaners,IS VERY tough out here in the SoCal mountains though.NEVER oin stock at the limited stores here! Order online at your favorite.Without that tip ,whoever posted it?,I thank you for saving ONE of the last DVD Recorders (DMREZ37V) That still works!!Go Panny or Toshiba ,I'm told? Mine,I thouht was "DEAD",but that Re-cleaning and resetting afterwards,per Manual,works SO far!! Thank You Whoever gave us that cleaning tip!!I've Got it down now! Like a Monthly,Bi-Weekly:Quick-Lube"!!!Keep Doin it even if t takes twice in one day!! Worked4me!!Burninmad,AND "I'm NOT Gonna Take It Anymore"Movie quote?

3. burninmad

burninmad Member

Still cleaning my DVD "disc/turntable",today! Whenever,I get a "Incompatible disc",on screen,I take off DVD drive cover,clean lens&disc,VOILA! Works EVERY time! WHY? Being here in mountains of Southern California,MILD,compared to most of this Winter in U.S.!You think that has anything to do with this DVD "mystery? Now instead of Maxell DVD-R color pack(5)from KMart at $2.99,I got some Sony DVD-R&DVD+R 25 packs.Been working for a few weeks,but gottaclean it once every few days!?Any "Rocket Scientists"?

4. burninmad

burninmad Member

5. burninmad

burninmad Member

My Panny,finally "Bit It"! Called Panasonic and they say Exchange for 2011 refurb for $140! Anyone have experience with the "Exchange" AVS shows all kinds of replies.I'm confused as what to do.The model they said?,would be a DMR48Vk,now I've heard both sides of that model.Dono Whatta do?

6. burninmad

burninmad Member

7. burninmad

burninmad Member

Finally,after THREE years and basically ,DAILY use,this Ironclad DVD recorder/VCR combo is "DEAD"! I've called the Panasonic Exchange Center,they send UPS labels,and will exchange it for a DMREZ48k,I'm told! A 2011 they say? However,my brother has got me a Govideo,at a Thrift shop,30 day return,no questions,return policy($59)So,I'll try it rather then gamble with Panasonic.Panasonic won't answer my basic questions.(THe Exchange center phone number)Can I return it if it won't work with Directv?They said it would at Panny's customer SErvice.Is there a warranty or replacement of any kind? Apparently NOT! So,I'd rather gamble on a guaranty replacement ,out of business?,Govideo DVDr /VCR combo for $59,instead of a questionable Panasonic refurbished DMREZ48Vk,apparently "plagued",according to all my web research? Thanks to all for your posting of the Hub/Spindle/lens cleaning to "extend the life of this Heavily used DMREZ37V DVD recorder!